Tigers @ White Sox GAME 1 1:05pm WGN-HD

WSoxMatt

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

man the Count against a good hitting team, it's going to get ugly tonight.

It's hard to get swept in double headers, but when a team absolutely hands a game to a team like the Sox did today, it will be very easy for the Tigers to get this one tonight

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 08:49 PM)
Well at least the game 2 thread will have one less pessimist as I'll be at the game tonight.

It likely won't be a pretty sight. I sense a ton of booing at the park if Contreras tanks.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 03:48 PM)
I don't see how anyone can stick up for Fields anymore. The guy is no better than a backup.

He is on pace to strike out 7000 times this year.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 04:45 PM)
no no no. Talk about shades of Rob Mackowiak. And Pods won't do this all year. Stop fooling yourself.

and that f*** first pitch swinging? awesome.

Except in 2006 there was no need for extra offense in CF because the whole damn team was hitting AND MackowiaK wasn't a good hitter. Right now they need the bat, and he's hitting. I'll ask you this: who leads off if not Pods?

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 03:48 PM)
that was one of the most embarassing/depressing/dissapointing Sox games I can remember watching in a long time. Gallaraga flat out sucked today and he only gave up 3 runs

He should have been lit up in the 1st...and in typical Sox-fashion...they don't do s*** with golden opportunities.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 03:45 PM)
Where's TimoMB345? He pull a Carradine after that last run?

I had to go pound out of power chords to get this crap out of my system. Much better.

Guitar is like a magic eraser for stress. 10-15 minutes of jamming and I feel great.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 03:54 PM)
Oh, and wouldn't Swisher have looked good in CF this year?

I usually shy away from this argument, but it's obvious that was a pure salary dump and probably to make Ozzie happy since he didn't like him or whatever b.s. excuse he has. Ozzie put BA behind the 8-ball, drove Swisher out of here, is it too crazy to fear he might sink one of the good prospects like Beckham or Jor Danks if he doesn't like him?

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 10:01 PM)
I usually shy away from this argument, but it's obvious that was a pure salary dump and probably to make Ozzie happy since he didn't like him or whatever b.s. excuse he has. Ozzie put BA behind the 8-ball, drove Swisher out of here, is it too crazy to fear he might sink one of the good prospects like Beckham or Jor Danks if he doesn't like him?

KW better stick up for Beckham, because the way Ozzie has been handling him in the press is pathetic so far.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 04:02 PM)
KW better stick up for Beckham, because the way Ozzie has been handling him in the press is pathetic so far.

I think we might get our first public KW/Ozzie argument soon, I think KW and the Org have done things to make Ozzie happy and now this team is falling flat on its face.

Only glimmer of hope is this team is largely off the books after next year, so it's not like they're locked into this roster for years

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 04:01 PM)
All three of them should be gone, unless they want to keep Anderson around solely as a fourth OF. Same for Getz -- OK to keep around, but should not be starting regularly.

Who will never play? Ozzie has no idea how to use a defensive replacement properly. He 100% proved that today (and the 400 other times hes done this in his career here).