Bill O'Reilly called George Tiller "a baby killer" witho

spiderman

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 11:24 PM)
How many times have you actually watched O'Reilly? Or do you just believe everything the liberal media writes and says about him?

If you actually took time to watch his show, you'd see that while he is a conservative, he presents both sides of the argument and then states his opinion. He's got liberals and conservatives on every night for every argument. While you might think he's some crazy conservative talking head, he's really fair and balanced. Probably the most of all the prime time shows.

I stand by my jackass comment. The man is a bully.

And I've watched O'Reilly occasionally over the years. He shouts down anyone who disagrees with him on a regular basis - he was a hack on Inside Edition, he's no better on Fox News. He did consistently refer to a doctor performing legal procedures as a "baby killer." That's a jackass thing to do, it's also something a bully would do.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 07:47 AM)
BearSox,

The US media had nothing do do with his radicalization. You know he went overseas right? (not going to go into too much more detail than this, though.)

I know, but I'm just saying how insanely idiotic it is to blame anyone in the media for the actions of nut jobs.

Networks might not to be blame, but there is definitely a correlation between nutjob blogs on your RSS feed and the number of abortion clinics you wish you could blow up. Media, if you count all of its forms, has a lot of blame in this.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 09:27 PM)
Certainly he is free to say whatever he wants.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 02:50 PM)
To implicate oreilly in this legally, he would have had to hold a rally, start riling them up about how tiller was killing babies and yell at the crowd to go kill tiller, or to that effect.

Just like you can't yell fire in a crowded theater, he is not free to say anything. We do place reasonable limits on speech in this country. We also adjust them to the forum this person has.

As I mentioned earlier, intelligent, moral, people have found themselves on both sides of this debate. I believe life should triumph over death. To the best of medical knowledge, every fetus that has been carried to full term becomes a human, not a puppy, amoeba, or a coffee bean. Medically, when the fetus is threatened, it is considered a patient, not a wart, tumor, or fingernail. While it is a hard decision, and I have a great deal of empathy for women in this debate, abortion is wrong in my eyes. When it is used as emergency contraception, it is about the saddest thing I can contemplate.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 08:37 AM)
Just like you can't yell fire in a crowded theater, he is not free to say anything. We do place reasonable limits on speech in this country. We also adjust them to the forum this person has.

As I mentioned earlier, intelligent, moral, people have found themselves on both sides of this debate. I believe life should triumph over death. To the best of medical knowledge, every fetus that has been carried to full term becomes a human, not a puppy, amoeba, or a coffee bean. Medically, when the fetus is threatened, it is considered a patient, not a wart, tumor, or fingernail. While it is a hard decision, and I have a great deal of empathy for women in this debate, abortion is wrong in my eyes. When it is used as emergency contraception, it is about the saddest thing I can contemplate.

See my post I made later, after that.

I have a friend who's on I think her 4th (or maybe it's 5th, I lost count) pregnancy who really gets on my f***ing nerves. She got pregnant the first time making bad decisions, pretty much by having unprotected sex etc. She went and got an abortion because she was in school at the time and wouldn't have been able to handle a child in her life... fine. Then the very next month (her next ovulation cycle) she gets pregnant AGAIN so she has to get another one. That one I really had to bite my tongue for because it suggested she learned absolutely nothing and didn't change her behavior. She went and got this one but she didn't have enough money to pay for anesthesia, so I had to hear her complain about how terrible it was. A couple of months later she got pregnant again and went ahead and had this baby, which is about 7 months now. Right now she's pregnant again (with the same guy, who by the way isn't much of a father), and calling me up to tell me how stressed out she is and she's having another abortion. They need to give her her abortion, but give her a hysterectomy at the same time since she obviously doesn't want kids, but wants the freedom to have sex without using contraceptives or birth control.

Either yesterday or the day before, I was talking to a mutual friend, she asked me if I knew about the pregnancy. Both of us ended up b****ing about how she was getting on our nerves and we both had been trying to bite our tongues. This friend actually told her on the 2nd pregnancy/abortion to stop complaining about it all the time because it sounded like she secretly wanted to have a child. Friend #1 (the stupid one) got mad at friend #2 (the mutual friend) for saying that when she was really 100% correct.

Whatever. Her life, her decisions. I always try to change the subject when she brings up her unwanted pregnancies. I told her to use birth control but she said it makes her blood pressure go up, then she tried to blame it on her boyfriend "because he always skips putting on the condom." lol, whatever. A box of condoms is 10 bucks, an abortion is 300...

Edited by lostfan

Tiller got 5 grand for every abortion late-term abortion he did, and considering the amount of abortions he did (the number is quite sickening), he's made a ton.

Yeah it's too bad Tiller didn't let women give birth to babies who had severe or fatal birth defects or keep mothers from having "substantial and irreversible impairment" of their bodies.

Kansas law prohibits aborting fetuses that could live outside the womb -- a milestone that is generally reached midway through the second trimester -- unless two doctors certify that continuing the pregnancy would cause the woman "substantial and irreversible impairment of a major bodily function." Dr. Tiller cited that reason for aborting hundreds of viable fetuses over the years at his clinic.

Dr. Tiller was well-known for providing abortions for women who discovered late in pregnancy that their fetuses had severe or fatal birth defects. He also aborted healthy late-term fetuses. Some of his patients, he said, were drug addicted and some were as young as 9 years old.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124379172024269869.html

...and I'm sure you'd be one of the first right wingers to complain about a drug addicted mother receiving federal aid to take care of her child.

Some of you take things like this way too far. And without naming a single name, each and every one of you who does knows exactly who you are.

Rather than dwelling on things like this (which seem to crop up on a daily basis), try to fix a problem in your life no matter how small, it'll end up making a world of difference over your lifetime. Be it the house, the lawn you haven't gotten around to fixing, the leaky garage roof, maybe martial or girlfriend/boyfriend problems, family tiffs over little to nothing, whatever...just...go do that instead of sitting on here arguing about late term abortions and Bill O'.

You would all be better off.

Oh, and besides all that, nobody cares. Not one of you of side, and visa versa. None of you ever will. So this entire argument is like watching Rams bang heads together until one of the two falls over with a splitting headache...and even then, the opinions expressed on the matter remain the same.

Silly.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 07:49 AM)
Some of you take things like this way too far. And without naming a single name, each and every one of you who does knows exactly who you are.

Rather than dwelling on things like this (which seem to crop up on a daily basis), try to fix a problem in your life no matter how small, it'll end up making a world of difference over your lifetime. Be it the house, the lawn you haven't gotten around to fixing, the leaky garage roof, maybe martial or girlfriend/boyfriend problems, family tiffs over little to nothing, whatever...just...go do that instead of sitting on here arguing about late term abortions and Bill O'.

You would all be better off.

Oh, and besides all that, nobody cares. Not one of you of side, and visa versa. None of you ever will. So this entire argument is like watching Rams bang heads together until one of the two falls over with a splitting headache...and even then, the opinions expressed on the matter remain the same.

Silly.

I think you are right on the bolded, but, only in so far as dealing with people descirbed in your first graf. If you just ignore the noise from the extremists and read the more throughful posts, sometimes, you do indeed learn something. And I've even changed my view on a few things after discussions in here (not many, but, a very few).

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 08:06 AM)
I really don't care if I change my mind or not. If I do, I do. I talk about what I want to talk about and when I get tired of it I stop.

Quit making sense, you jackass. :lolhitting

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 06:05 AM)
Yeah it's too bad Tiller didn't let women give birth to babies who had severe or fatal birth defects or keep mothers from having "substantial and irreversible impairment" of their bodies.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124379172024269869.html

...and I'm sure you'd be one of the first right wingers to complain about a drug addicted mother receiving federal aid to take care of her child.

That's all fine and dandy if that was the case, but it wasn't. There have been several testamonies where Tiller killed the babies for trivial reasons such as the Mother didn't want to change her life style, etc. The head of psychology (he's retired now) at I believe John Hopkins University stated that many of the abortions were unnecessary and for trivial reasons. I found it, Dr. Paul McHugh:

Here's an account of an abortion... man, this Tiller guy sounds great! He is a hero!

QUOTE (Nixon @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 01:56 PM)
This is why China is so far ahead of the rest of the world, they even allow post-term abortion.

You seriously need to green some of that text.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 03:13 PM)
You seriously need to green some of that text.

You don't know Nixon that well - sometimes he is joking, sometimes he isn't, sometimes it's easy to tell, sometimes it isn't.