Game Thread: 6/20 Richard (2-1) @ Cueto (6-4) 6:10CDT CSN/MLN

kev211

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 10:01 PM)
It's just so hittable now. At least he seems to have found his hanger.

Any fastball is hittable when you get what you are looking for. His velocity was fine tonight, his breaking pitches are fine tonight. Its a 3 run lead, and he was pumping strikes in. I would rather he did this, than walked the world and got dinked and dunked to death. As long as his stuff is like this he is fine. Its when he drops to low 90s that he is a mess.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2009 -> 04:01 AM)
It's just so hittable now. At least he seems to have found his hanger.

As was pointed out by the broadcasting crew... You have to mix it up. Bruce was waiting for that fastball and crushed it. He did mix it up on th last guy and did it right

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 10:52 PM)
If he ever learned to take a pitch, he'd be elite.

It seems as he's really worked on that this year as he's on pace to practically double his career high in walks and his K's have gone done big time (which weren't ridiculously high to begin with anyway). He's also got really good speed and seems like a spark plug, very energetic type of player who gives life to his teammates, and he's got great natural baseball instinct it seems like, IMO.

And from what I've read, the GG he got last year was very deserving.

I'm a big Getz fan and he's really impressed me lately, but a part of me really wants either Hudson or Phillips (reds likely won't be trading him away) as our 2B next year.