7/1 Game Thread Sox @ Cleveland 6:05pm WCIU

knightni

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 08:03 PM)
I also don't want to see Beckham bunting, he should swing away. He is a gap to gap hitter, having him bunt is a joke.

totally agree especially with the way he's been swinging the bat lately

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 06:01 PM)
Anytime the sox want to put this crappy pitcher away is fine by me. He is garbage, lets not make him into something he isn't.

after years of crushing the guys we shouldn't and being embarrassed by the guys we should crush....why stop now?

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 07:06 PM)
totally agree especially with the way he's been swinging the bat lately

I think that was Becks call, not ozzies. we'd be praising how intelligent it was to bunt seeing the corners playing deep had he succeeded.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 06:04 PM)
or even better have him hit ninth....that AB didnt look very good

Castro has blown so far, yes, but I want BA to get used to the 9hole and a just-get-on-base-and-turn-the-lineup-over mentality. He'll never be a run producer, so don't put him where he needs to be that, as Ozzie has, batting him 7th so frequently, with Beckham below.

As long as BA's in the lineup, he should bat ninth. He does the most good/least damage there.

QUOTE (Stocking @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 07:08 PM)
I think that was Becks call, not ozzies. we'd be praising how intelligent it was to bunt seeing the corners playing deep had he succeeded.

No, I want my doubles gap to gap hitter driving the ball not playing NL bunt and pray. Also considering how hot Beckham is, he is better off driving the ball and seeing what happens.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 08:01 PM)
Anytime the sox want to put this crappy pitcher away is fine by me. He is garbage, lets not make him into something he isn't.

This is the Sox. This is what we do. Our success at the plate is inversely proportional to the pitcher's ERA. We rip Lee last night, we get a pitcher with a ERA around 5 and we fall flat. We'd probably get no-hit if the opposing pitcher had a ERA of 8.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 07:10 PM)
No, I want my doubles gap to gap hitter driving the ball not playing NL bunt and pray. Also considering how hot Beckham is, he is better off driving the ball and seeing what happens.

No what?