7/1 Game Thread Sox @ Cleveland 6:05pm WCIU

knightni

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 05:24 PM)
You should have read mine.

EDIT: Here it is (The game where Ozuna had 2 CS and an error at 3rd.)

I like how it's 4-3 in the 3rd there.

That was one of the most memorable games from the 2005 season Cliffy faking a bunt, pulling it back, and getting the RBI single is something I'll never forget from that season.

On another note, I had forgotten A-Row had hit 3rd for quite a bit in 05.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 11:23 AM)
The 05 threads are quite entertaining to read when you consider how good that team was and how many people thought we needed some drastic changes to compete.

I just remember all the sky is falling doom and gloom of that final two months, the absolute certainty that even if they made the playoffs the sox were one and done. And I was smack in the middle of it.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)
I just remember all the sky is falling doom and gloom of that final two months, the absolute certainty that even if they made the playoffs the sox were one and done. And I was smack in the middle of it.

My worst post in my Soxtalk career came during the almost September collapse. After we got swept by the Angels I said something like "I hope this team doesn't even make the playoffs. It'd be pointless considering we'd get waxed by whomever we played." I feel shamed whenever I think about that (and rowand44 liked to remind me about it every now and then).

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 04:05 PM)
Giambi with 2 run jack. A's leading Tigers 4-1 in bottom of 6th.

We get within three games tonight. Get it done, Titan.

Unfortunately, the Twins are also winning.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 03:06 PM)
Unfortunately, the Twins are also winning.

True, but we'll be moving past them soon enough. Time to make hay in these games vs. the lowly Tribe and Royals, then head into MN riding high.

QUOTE (kane0730 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 02:08 PM)
The Line up:

Podsednik lf

Ramirez ss

Dye rf

Thome dh

Konerko 1b

Castro c

Nix 2b

Beckham 3b

Anderson cf

i know you've got to give big Jim some AB's, but I wouldn't mind seeing Fields get the nod at DH once in awhile.

QUOTE (kane0730 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 04:08 PM)
The Line up:

Podsednik lf

Ramirez ss

Dye rf

Thome dh

Konerko 1b

Castro c

Nix 2b

Beckham 3b

Anderson cf

Not a big fan of Nix at 2b today. Not that I don't like Nix, just that Getz is on a bit of a roll. But, I guess Ozzie's loading up the RH.

QUOTE (kane0730 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 03:08 PM)
The Line up:

Podsednik lf

Ramirez ss

Dye rf

Thome dh

Konerko 1b

Castro c

Nix 2b

Beckham 3b

Anderson cf

Ozzie finally puts BA in the right place, in the 9 hole, but Castro is batting way too high. Please flip him with Beckham next time Josie pitches, and I'll like it a lot better.

Some improvement is better than none, I guess. Glass half full.

For the remainder of this season, assuming Pods stays healthy and Lexi continues his resurgence, I want Slayer in the 6 hole, and no lower than 7th after Q returns.

Ozzie seems to want to completely group together and separate the "plodders" from the "rabbits", presumably, so he can live out his small ball fantasies more consistently in each game. The only problem I have with it, is that Slayer has run-producing capability, and we'll need it more than his bunting capabaility, especially while Q is out.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 05:32 PM)
We interrupt your regularly scheduled Sox thread for this sports bulletin

The Chicago Blackhawks have signed 30 yr old Red Wings star Marion Hossa to a 12 year contract.

I know s*** is crazy! I saw it on NHL.com and they didn't know the contract terms earlier today then ESPN said 12 years! I don't know about all that, but I do know that Hossa is a S T U D