Alexei injured

fathom

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)
I'm still waiting to hear an official statement saying "X-rays were negative" before I get too happy.

That Twitter/blog are run by White Sox VP Scott Riefert. That's pretty darn close to an official statement.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 06:36 PM)
That Twitter/blog are run by White Sox VP Scott Riefert. That's pretty darn close to an official statement.

I know, but it was reported earlier that X-rays were to be taken. One would think that if the results were available they would have mentioned "x-rays confirm just a bruised finger" or something along those lines.

It probably is only a jammed/bruised finger since that's what Reifert posted, but I still would feel more confident if they would state that the x-rays confirm it.

QUOTE (kane0730 @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 05:52 PM)
This is real good news. Give him 2 days off, and really, he probably needs it. I can't remember the last "off" day he's had.

Hell yeah! That's what I wanted to hear. A few days is OK. He'll come back smokin'!

I was worried it was real bad.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 08:50 PM)
Unless Nix "Wally Pipp's" Ramirez...stranger things have happened in baseball.

But we obviously can use Alexei's bat somewhere in that line-up....SS/2B/CF.

I actually love the way Nix is being used, along with the experiment in LF. It seems they're grooming him for a super-utility role, which I would love to see. A Mackowiak with talent.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 10:01 PM)
I actually love the way Nix is being used, along with the experiment in LF. It seems they're grooming him for a super-utility role, which I would love to see. A Mackowiak with talent.

yeah I'm defiantly in favor of grooming Nix for this role, or maybe he finally puts all those tools together and takes second from Getz. Maybe if Nix can establish himself as a ML regular we can wind up packaging Getz and Fields for some needs at the ASB or in the off season.

I would move him to 3B if he establishes himself and put beckham at 2B

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 09:11 PM)
I'm defiantly in favor of grooming Nix for this role, or maybe he finally puts all those tools together and takes second from Getz. Maybe if Nix can establish himself as a ML regular we can wind up packaging Getz and Fields for some needs at the ASB or in the off season.

Well, since you mention it, I'm thinking that the idea of trading Getz and/or Fields isn't so crazy, but we really don't know how much of a burden Nix can handle yet, do we? I'm optimistic though.

Since the latest news on Quentin is also optimistic, I would really like to see the team acquire a steady defender and hitter at 3B whose contract will expire at about the time Dayan is ready, the move allowing Beckham to move to 2B permanently. Whose team, while competitive, has little chance of competing in a brutal division.

I'm thinking I want Scott Rolen in a Sox uni, a steady hand alongside Alexei on the left side, and a steady bat. Could be workable.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 10:01 PM)

I've been saying a DeRosa with more glove but less bat.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 06:43 PM)
I know, but it was reported earlier that X-rays were to be taken. One would think that if the results were available they would have mentioned "x-rays confirm just a bruised finger" or something along those lines.

It probably is only a jammed/bruised finger since that's what Reifert posted, but I still would feel more confident if they would state that the x-rays confirm it.

Ramirez update: X-rays revealed shortstop Alexei Ramirez suffered only a bruise on the tip of his right middle finger and he plans to return to the Sox lineup Friday night.

Oh yeah! That's what I wanted to hear! :)

Tribune Link