Gov. Palin Resigns (Quits)

bmags

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 06:50 PM)
First off, 50% of the posts have nothing to do with Sarah Palin (welcome to the filibuster)

I guess I have too many people in ignore :lol:

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 09:52 PM)
oh man, you're missing some AMAZING posts.

this probably being one of them.

There are times when you come out of the blue with something and I just start cracking up.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 08:52 PM)

:lolhitting sometimes you come up with something out of the blue and I just laugh.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 08:52 PM)

The only problem is I worry I'm going to basically repeat something that someone I have on ignore just said. That would be embarrassing.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 09:03 PM)
f***ing hell Tex I almost just baptized my keyboard :lolhitting

Were going to baptize it in the name of God and Palin? Cuz that would have been cool!

Sadly, she may go the way of Dan Quayle. Intelligent, witty, but the media is just killing her. However, now, unlike Quayle's time, being crucified by the media touches on a trigger for the GOP.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 07:38 PM)

Were going to baptize it in the name of God and Palin? Cuz that would have been cool!

Sadly, she may go the way of Dan Quayle. Intelligent, witty, but the media is just killing her. However, now, unlike Quayle's time, being crucified by the media touches on a trigger for the GOP.

Wow.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 09:47 PM)
Wow.

:huh hits a nerve? Soft spot?

The GOP attack on the "liberal" "biased" media is far more organized and ingrained in the GOP faithful. An entire generation has grown up with the indoctrination since Quayle's time. The GOP had issues with the media in 1990, but there was some balance with the "vast right wing conspiracy". Scream media bias in 1990 and people said "what's that?". Scream media bias in 2009 and GOP become rabid dogs.

I find her as intelligent, if not more so, than most other politicians. I thought Quayle was very smart. His written stuff is far, far, better than his off the cuff ad libs.

Edited by Tex
Balta explained the Wow. Not what I thought.

Where do people get the idea that she is intelligent? After reading and watching her I'm 100% convinced I could run circles around her on international affairs, I'm no economics expert by any means but I know she would probably have trouble keeping up with me in a discussion, and I'm pretty sure I know the Constitution better than she does. Oh, and I can construct consecutive sentences in English. She obviously has better political instincts than I do and that's about it. And I'm nobody special. She gets around this by mocking intellectuals, and people buy it.

If by political instincts you mean to say that she sexually arouses the old white republicans who make decisions at the GOP then yeah, I suppose you'd have to grant her that. Maybe she'll raise an army of zombie christian voters for the next election cycle. It's been so long since we had a fundamentalist s*** bag in the white house so that'd be a nice change of pace.

Edited by Nixon

QUOTE (Nixon @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 10:03 AM)
If by political instincts you mean to say that she sexually arouses the old white republicans who make decisions at the GOP then yeah, I suppose you'd have to grant her that. Maybe she'll raise an army of zombie christian voters for the next election cycle. It's been so long since we had a fundamentalist s*** bag in the white house so that'd be a nice change of pace.

That was a diplomatic way of saying she has boobs and I don't. Sure it sounds sexist but it's true, I've seen people come out and say it (in the same places where I saw people saying they wanted a Palin-Bachmann ticket in 2012... no really)

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 08:59 AM)
Where do people get the idea that she is intelligent? After reading and watching her I'm 100% convinced I could run circles around her on international affairs, I'm no economics expert by any means but I know she would probably have trouble keeping up with me in a discussion, and I'm pretty sure I know the Constitution better than she does. Oh, and I can construct consecutive sentences in English. She obviously has better political instincts than I do and that's about it. And I'm nobody special. She gets around this by mocking intellectuals, and people buy it.

I agree. Part of that is a schtick of course, which makes it worse, because she's mocking the people whose support she gains by hamming up the hick act. But part of it is, I really think she's just not the sharpest crayon in the box. I think she is charismatic at times, and I think she's gifted in the sense of social networking (she's the neighborhood gossiper who gets people to support her and they have no idea why), but that is the main reason for it. She really doesn't come off to me as some great intellect.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 09:06 AM)
That was a diplomatic way of saying she has boobs and I don't. Sure it sounds sexist but it's true, I've seen people come out and say it (in the same places where I saw people saying they wanted a Palin-Bachmann ticket in 2012... no really)

I've said it before, but there was a "tell all" news article published shortly after the election (I should try and find it). WHen McCain's people were lookign for a VP, he name was presented to them. The 3 things they noticed about her...

1) She's poised

2) She hits back hard

3) "Wow..... just look at her"

Notice NOTHING about knowledge or policy making ability, but sex appeal was #3.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Nixon @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 09:38 AM)
Poised is just code for she looks nice. #2 is just that she's feisty and thus it could be extended to her being a firecracker in the sack.

Oh I disagree with the poised = looks nice part. Those two are not necessarily connected. And the firecracker part is a bit over the top.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 10:41 AM)
Oh I disagree with the poised = looks nice part. Those two are not necessarily connected. And the firecracker part is a bit over the top.

She's not poised though, she has yet to show she's poised throughout any interview or press conference. And what firecracker bit? The maverick shtick? The WINKING? Winking is flirtatious gesture for the most part.

Also, lol.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 10:03 AM)
There are very few politicians whose actual, versus media portrayed, intelligence are skewed more than Palin and Quayle.

Care to enlighten us with a few examples of her intelligence?