Gov. Palin Resigns (Quits)

bmags

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 09:30 AM)
So, I kept wondering if maybe Palin really did just want to leave the spotlight, due to pressures on her and her family. That would certainly be plausible, as there is an awful lot of it put on her.

Then I read this most recent news item. She goes on a family fishing trip... invites 4 news networks to come out with them... says she is not a quitter, she is a fighter... and then explains she quit due to the pressure and time commitments.

Read for yourself. She really is all over the place, and seems clueless as usual to the realities of political life. It is said in here that things like the Letterman joke prompted her to take a break after 2.5 years as governor.

She didn't this to escape the spotlight, at all. She loves the spotlight, and loves putting her family in it as well. I think she may actually believe that this won't have a negative effect on future runs for office. Seriously, she is just blissfully unaware of reality.

That is a really good point. I've been saying for a while this whole "the media is mean to me" thing is total BS and a cover. She LOVES to be in the light. She absolutely sucked up up during the election. Hence the "diva" mentality many in the McCain camp where labeling her as. And after the election, she was shoving herself and her teenage daughter into the press as often as possible.

I, for one, am looking forward to the "tell all" book Levi Johnson is apparently going to be writing. He may be a total douche, but there will be some hard truths in there.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 07:36 AM)
I, for one, am looking forward to the "tell all" book Levi Johnson is apparently going to be writing. He may be a total douche, but there will be some hard truths in there.

I could not possibly care less about that.

via Sullivan:

A reader writes:

If Palin i
s
s
till Governor through the end of the month, what i
s
s
he doing
s
pending a few day
s
fi
s
hing?
S
houldn't
s
he be wor
k
ing for the people of Ala
s
k
a?

She's Palin. Do you think it was a work day when she did all those Runners World photo-shoots? She doesn't work. And she revealingly explained she doesn't. She doesn't think she even has an office, she has a "title". Like a Beauty Queen whose duties require only publicity. And boy, she knows how to get that.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 12:26 PM)

She doesnt work. She never has. Remember all those days she billed the state for working from home?

She had a 15% attendance record as Gov...

The Washington Post recently reported that, in her first 19 months as governor, Palin billed the state of Alaska per diem charges for 312 days she spent at her home in Wasilla..... Nineteen months totals 578 days, but after subtracting weekends and holidays, it is only about 397 workdays. Assuming Palin did not routinely bill the state for staying in her own home on weekends and holidays, she would have spent no more than 85 workdays in the state capital over the course of her 19 months in office... “Palin has spent little time in Juneau, rarely coming to the state capital except when the Legislature was in session, and sometimes not even then."... “At a time when Palin’s leadership was truly needed, we didn’t know where she was.”
Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 12:29 PM)
She doesnt work. She never has. Remember all those days she billed the state for working from home?

Not to justify this, but attendance and public service positions aren't exactly the greatest of partners.

Our state is currently operating without a budget, and yet the assembly is out of session for 2 weeks. How much sense does that make?

Palin - Critics Are Applying A 'Double Standard' To Her Decision

"The double
s
tandard that'
s
applied here i
s
a bit perplexing. ... Didn't Li
s
a Mur
k
ow
s
k
i leave office to go ta
k
e her dad'
s
s
eat? (Gov
s
.) Hunt
s
man left, Napolitano ju
s
t left ... ," Palin
s
aid, referring to governor
s
who too
k
po
s
ition
s
in Pre
s
ident Obama'
s
admini
s
tration.

Of course, what naturally comes to mind, considering Murkowski, Napolitano, and Huntsman, is that they all actually had other jobs to go to, instead of some generic, ill-defined plan to "take a stand," and "effect change" and "make a difference."

I also don't understand this:

"I'm going to
k
eep wor
k
ing hard for Ala
s
k
a, I'm going to be there for
S
ean Parnell when he need
s
me and if the
s
taff and lawma
k
er
s
, certainly any member of the public need
s
me, I'm going to do all I can for thi
s
s
tate."

Huh? Is there to be some sort of Bat-Signal arrangement?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 05:39 PM)
Not to justify this, but attendance and public service positions aren't exactly the greatest of partners.

Our state is currently operating without a budget, and yet the assembly is out of session for 2 weeks. How much sense does that make?

In regards to budget I agree, but there's something to be said for reps to have time to get back to their constituencies. It's not a two week vacation.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 12:29 PM)

You better get Barackus the Great off the damn golf course every weekend, if you want to start applying that standard. Oh, he better not keep wasting taxpayer money to go to Broadway. Or...

Now, for the record, I don't give a s*** that Barackus the Great does this stuff. I really don't. But yet, the media is going to sit there and pick apart this woman's every move and rip it to shreds, while Barackus the Great gets front page headlines about being so cool to be able to do whatever he wants while running the free world.

It IS hypocritical. But, I don't give a s*** what Sarah Palin does, nor do I really give a s*** what Barackus the Great does on his free time, either. NONE of it should matter, yet I've seen 5 links from AHB ripping Palin's every move. Who cares, besides everyone trying to rip her to shreds for everything she does.

For the record, I do not support Palin - she needs to go away - but if the liberals keep looking for every ounce of activity from this woman, they obviously view her as a threat.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 02:28 PM)
You better get Barackus the Great off the damn golf course every weekend, if you want to start applying that standard. Oh, he better not keep wasting taxpayer money to go to Broadway. Or...

Now, for the record, I don't give a s*** that Barackus the Great does this stuff. I really don't. But yet, the media is going to sit there and pick apart this woman's every move and rip it to shreds, while Barackus the Great gets front page headlines about being so cool to be able to do whatever he wants while running the free world.

It IS hypocritical. But, I don't give a s*** what Sarah Palin does, nor do I really give a s*** what Barackus the Great does on his free time, either. NONE of it should matter, yet I've seen 5 links from AHB ripping Palin's every move. Who cares, besides everyone trying to rip her to shreds for everything she does.

For the record, I do not support Palin - she needs to go away - but if the liberals keep looking for every ounce of activity from this woman, they obviously view her as a threat.

Not sure if you noticed, but the governor of Alaska and recent VP candidate resigned mid-term for no known reason. How could you honestly think that wouldn't get attention, regardless of her party affiliation?

Further, you keep talking out of both sides of your mouth on the media attention. You say you are tired of the media covering everything Obama does, yet you now b**** about the fact that they are following Palin after she did something bizarre and newsworthy.

And finally, look what Palin did here - she said she left office to get out from under the media pressure, goes on a family vacation, AND INVITES THE NEWS TO COME ALONG. She 100% is doing this to herself, and wants it that way.

Your conspiracy and bias theories are nonsense, the facts make that clear.

Many people will say its way too early to speculate about the 2012 GOP Primary because of how low Obama polled about the same time before their primaries. However, it is important to remember that the rule for winning the GOP nomination is that the winner was apart of an earlier Pres. campaign or ran for Pres. unsuccessfully (Reagan, Bush, McCain, Dole, Nixon). So, that means the nominee will be either Romney, Palin or Huckabee. Will 2012 be the exception to several decades of nomination history?

Palin enjoys the backing of 71% of Rep. voters who would vote for her if she ran in 2012 (as of Monday). Romney is and has not been anywhwere near as popular among prospective GOP Primary voters as Palin, and Huckabee is essentially a poor man's Palin in terms of the demographics of their supporters.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 02:41 PM)
Not sure if you noticed, but the governor of Alaska and recent VP candidate resigned mid-term for no known reason. How could you honestly think that wouldn't get attention, regardless of her party affiliation?

Further, you keep talking out of both sides of your mouth on the media attention. You say you are tired of the media covering everything Obama does, yet you now b**** about the fact that they are following Palin after she did something bizarre and newsworthy.

And finally, look what Palin did here - she said she left office to get out from under the media pressure, goes on a family vacation, AND INVITES THE NEWS TO COME ALONG. She 100% is doing this to herself, and wants it that way.

Your conspiracy and bias theories are nonsense, the facts make that clear.

You are totally missing the point of the post.

QUOTE (Chet Lemon @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 04:45 PM)
Many people will say its way too early to speculate about the 2012 GOP Primary because of how low Obama polled about the same time before their primaries. However, it is important to remember that the rule for winning the GOP nomination is that the winner was apart of an earlier Pres. campaign or ran for Pres. unsuccessfully (Reagan, Bush, McCain, Dole, Nixon). So, that means the nominee will be either Romney, Palin or Huckabee. Will 2012 be the exception to several decades of nomination history?

Palin enjoys the backing of 71% of Rep. voters who would vote for her if she ran in 2012 (as of Monday). Romney is and has not been anywhwere near as popular among prospective GOP Primary voters as Palin, and Huckabee is essentially a poor man's Palin in terms of the demographics of their supporters.

As a long time conservative, I hope she gets the nomination, and I hope she gets crushed so that this ridiculous segment of the party dies away.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 07:25 PM)
As a long time conservative, I hope she gets the nomination, and I hope she gets crushed so that this ridiculous segment of the party dies away.

No thank you.

So what's wrong with Palin? I know what my thoughts are, but I'd like to know yours.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 09:04 PM)
Do tell.

Ok, I'll try again.

Every time Sarah Palin says anything, I think she gets more "press time" from the liberals trying to make her "more stupid" then she already was. Meanwhile, Obama can fart in the wind, and this same media will spend article after article talking about how rosy it smells.

The point with Sarah Palin is that no matter what way you want to slice it, the liberal media does scorn her every move. Yes, she's an awkward little duck, but who cares how she waddles? If they would just STFU about her, the "conservatives" wouldn't have nearly the esteem for her. It's sort of reverse psychology in a way. The media attacks, the conservatives build her up as something she's not. BOTH needs to stop.

The point with Barackus the Great is - you know - these golf outings... he's "cool, calm, and collected - such an awesome dude to be able to go out there with the pressures of the job and kick some ass on the golf course." With Bush, it was "why the f*** isn't this asshole in the office where he belongs?"

But the larger point is NEITHER Obama's "cool golf game" and "Sarah Palin is the anti-Christ" should be covered the way that it is covered.

I hope that explains it better. I'm complaining about BOTH - not just Palin or Obama. I think the media coverage is disgusting on about everything now.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 09:11 PM)
Ok, I'll try again.

Every time Sarah Palin says anything, I think she gets more "press time" from the liberals trying to make her "more stupid" then she already was. Meanwhile, Obama can fart in the wind, and this same media will spend article after article talking about how rosy it smells.

The Top 5 MSNBC Headlines

as Re-Interpreted by FOX News

5> MSNBC: George Stephanopoulos and Barney Frank Speak at

Democratic Fundraiser

FOX: Dems Caught Using Midget, Homosexual in Moneymaking

Scheme

4> MSNBC: Gov. Sanford Admits Affair with Argentinean

FOX: Gov. Sanford Brings International Affairs Expertise

to Presidential Race

3> MSNBC: President Swats Fly During Interview

FOX: Obama Savagely Murders Innocent Passerby

2> MSNBC: Magnitude 7.8 Earthquake Levels Hollywood

FOX: Existence of God Proven!

and Topfive.com's Number 1 MSNBC

Headline as Re-Interpreted by FOX News...

1> MSNBC: First Lady Takes Public Bus to Area Mall

FOX: Michelle Obama Uses Taxpayer-Funded 40-Passenger

Vehicle for Private Shopping Boondoggle

[ Copyright 2009 by Chris White/TopFive.com ]

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 09:11 PM)
Ok, I'll try again.

The point with Sarah Palin is that no matter what way you want to slice it, the liberal media does scorn her every move. Yes, she's an awkward little duck, but who cares how she waddles? If they would just STFU about her, the "conservatives" wouldn't have nearly the esteem for her. It's sort of reverse psychology in a way. The media attacks, the conservatives build her up as something she's not. BOTH needs to stop.

The point with Barackus the Great is - you know - these golf outings... he's "cool, calm, and collected - such an awesome dude to be able to go out there with the pressures of the job and kick some ass on the golf course." With Bush, it was "why the f*** isn't this asshole in the office where he belongs?"

But the larger point is NEITHER Obama's "cool golf game" and "Sarah Palin is the anti-Christ" should be covered the way that it is covered.

I hope that explains it better. I'm complaining about BOTH - not just Palin or Obama. I think the media coverage is disgusting on about everything now.

Oddly, I am more annoyed with the Obama coverage than the Palin coverage. I agree that the media is fawning over Obama in a way that is just way over the top. However, in Palin's case, she's basically creating a series of car wrecks and shouting LOOK AT ME, so I can't really blame the media for following it.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 08:26 AM)
Oddly, I am more annoyed with the Obama coverage than the Palin coverage. I agree that the media is fawning over Obama in a way that is just way over the top. However, in Palin's case, she's basically creating a series of car wrecks and shouting LOOK AT ME, so I can't really blame the media for following it.

Yes, I can understand that point.

With Palin, honestly, as I said elsewhere (hi lf) Palin cannot ever win a larger national election in Alaska. She has to spend her time in the lower 48 to even have a chance. You don't get to debate national policy up there, you just don't. You're too far removed. Between this issue and the RNC going to whore her out for all the money she can raise (ohhhh the puns, :lol:), this, IMO, is why she resigned.