Gov. Palin Resigns (Quits)

bmags

:lolhitting

Speaking of Hillary....

NEWSWEEK: Sarah Palin, you are a Republican and a conservative one at that. It's unlikely that you and Hillary would agree on too many issues. But, yet, as a woman, chief executive—someone who's been through the grinder—when you look at the coverage and you listen to the conversations, what do you see?

Sarah Palin: Fair or unfair—and I do think that it's a more concentrated criticism that Hillary gets on so many fronts; I think that's unfortunate. But fair or unfair, I think she does herself a disservice to even mention it, really. You have to plow through that and know what you're getting into. I say this with all due respect to Hillary Clinton and to her experience and to her passion for changing the status quo. But when I hear a statement like that coming from a women candidate with any kind of perceived whine about that excess criticism or a sharper microscope put on her, I think, man, that doesn't do us any good. Women in politics, women in general wanting to progress this country, I don't think it bodes well for her, a statement like that. Because, again, fair or not fair it is there. I think it's reality and it's a given, people just accept that she's going to be under a sharper microscope. So be it. Work harder, prove to yourself to an even greater degree that you're capable, that you're going to be the best candidate. That's what she wants us to believe at this point. So it bothers me a little bit to hear her bring that attention to herself on that level.

Edited by BigSqwert

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Palin is going to be a strong candidate for the GOP, I don't see anyone really challenging her. Plus, she seems to have rally united the party loyalists behind her.

Palin: It's bad for women in Politics to be seen as whiners....

Fair or unfair—and I do think that it's a more concentrated criticism that Hillary gets on so many fronts; I think that's unfortunate. But fair or unfair, I think she does herself a disservice to even mention it, really. You have to plow through that and know what you're getting into. I say this with all due respect to Hillary Clinton and to her experience and to her passion for changing the status quo. But when I hear a statement like that coming from a women candidate with any kind of perceived whine about that excess criticism or a sharper microscope put on her, I think, man, that doesn't do us any good. Women in politics, women in general wanting to progress this country, I don't think it bodes well for her, a statement like that. Because, again, fair or not fair it is there. I think it's reality and it's a given, people just accept that she's going to be under a sharper microscope. So be it. Work harder, prove to yourself to an even greater degree that you're capable, that you're going to be the best candidate. That's what she wants us to believe at this point. So it bothers me a little bit to hear her bring that attention to herself on that level.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 01:33 PM)
Well they have been saying it is between a man and a woman for over 200 years.

Doesn't make it right, though. There was also a time when interracial marriages were not recognized.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 09:26 PM)
I think Palin is going to be a strong candidate for the GOP

You also said McCain would win. You're becoming the Brent Lillibridge of political prognostication.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 04:21 AM)
You also said McCain would win. You're becoming the Brent Lillibridge of political prognostication.

Just trying to save the GOP :lol:

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 03:41 AM)
The FBI said Palin is not under Federal Investigation.

why would they tip their hand? "Oh sure, absolutely we're investigating her. I sure hope by saying we are investigating her that all the documents we were hooping to get dont accidentally end up in a fire"

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 10:26 PM)
I think Palin is going to be a strong candidate for the GOP, I don't see anyone really challenging her. Plus, she seems to have rally united the party loyalists behind her.

You guys are really over estimating the support she has. I would be shocked if she contends for the GOP nod in 2012.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 06:37 AM)
why would they tip their hand? "Oh sure, absolutely we're investigating her. I sure hope by saying we are investigating her that all the documents we were hooping to get dont accidentally end up in a fire"

It worked while they were investigating Blagojevich. Everyone and their grandmother knew he was being investigated and wiretapped and all that did was encourage him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 12:00 PM)
It worked while they were investigating Blagojevich. Everyone and their grandmother knew he was being investigated and wiretapped and all that did was encourage him.

Yeah but Blagojevich was a narcissistic idiot. Palin's situation is... wait I just repeated myself.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 10:13 AM)
You guys are really over estimating the support she has. I would be shocked if she contends for the GOP nod in 2012.

Just trying to help the GOP like they helped the Dems in supporting Hillary :lol:

Palin 2012 :headbang

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 10:13 AM)

Exactly...too much time between now and then. Even Obama, who some thought would be a candidate for president back in 2004 when he gave his speech at the DNC, wasn't the leader coming into the primaries.

I hope Sarah Palin does get the nod though, just for the sheer theater of a Palin-Obama race.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 05:24 PM)
Exactly...too much time between now and then. Even Obama, who some thought would be a candidate for president back in 2004 when he gave his speech at the DNC, wasn't the leader coming into the primaries.

I hope Sarah Palin does get the nod though, just for the sheer theater of a Palin-Obama race.

Yeah I wouldn't be opposed to it too much just b/c it would assure she won't run in 2016. Unless Obama royally f***s up he's in office for 8 years anyways.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 07:56 AM)
Yeah I wouldn't be opposed to it too much just b/c it would assure she won't run in 2016. Unless Obama royally f***s up he's in office for 8 years anyways.

Well, he's on his way to "royally f***ing up" right now, but with that said, the Republicans have nothing - which is pathetic.

So, I kept wondering if maybe Palin really did just want to leave the spotlight, due to pressures on her and her family. That would certainly be plausible, as there is an awful lot of it put on her.

Then I read this most recent news item. She goes on a family fishing trip... invites 4 news networks to come out with them... says she is not a quitter, she is a fighter... and then explains she quit due to the pressure and time commitments.

Read for yourself. She really is all over the place, and seems clueless as usual to the realities of political life. It is said in here that things like the Letterman joke prompted her to take a break after 2.5 years as governor.

She didn't this to escape the spotlight, at all. She loves the spotlight, and loves putting her family in it as well. I think she may actually believe that this won't have a negative effect on future runs for office. Seriously, she is just blissfully unaware of reality.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 09:21 AM)
Have you ever read a single post from kapkomet?

I try not to.

What I was really trying to say was that people have this theory that Obama is perceived to be doing bad by the right because he is pushing ideas that got him elected. Just because he is trying to push health care and economic reform does men is is "f***ing up" in the overall public perception.