SOX v. Minnesota 7/10/09 - 7:10 CSN

MHizzle85

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 02:22 AM)
wait i thought we were walking him.....

Nothing like pitching to the best contact hitter in baseball with a runner on 3rd and 2 outs. It's like Ozzie goes brain dead whenever we're at Minnesota also.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 02:25 AM)
Oz made a mistake obviously.

But if Matt had the kind of stuff he had in that last outing, nobody coulda hit him. Not even Brett in his prime.

Mauer this season is better than Brett in his prime.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 09:26 PM)
If this weekend goes bad, Hawk will never end with the criticism of that move.

god we fail to intentionally walk guys more than any other team in the majors...i'll never forget us pitching to miguel cabrera with men on 2nd and 3rd and 2 outs last year against detroit

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 09:25 PM)
Well Ozzie went out there and simply asked Matt what he wanted to do. Why bother? Any competitor will want to take a guy on.

I like that Ozzie doesnt overmanage, but...at least manage...

Al Leiter was on MLB network talking about how he hated when managers came out to ask him how he felt. He said there was no way he would ever tell them he was anything but fine or he needed to put a guy on. He said he thought the manager needed to make up his mind before he came to the mound.

Is there a WORSE manager in baseball in terms of decision making with his pitchers than Ozzie? I mean, seriously. Think about the Cubs game where he left Liney in after giving up the 3 run homer to Lee. It's absolutely disgusting, everyone in the world walks Mauer there, no brainer decision.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 02:27 AM)
god we fail to intentionally walk guys more than any other team in the majors...i'll never forget us pitching to miguel cabrera with men on 2nd and 3rd and 2 outs last year against detroit

If Matt Stairs was up, we would have walked him.