SOX v. Minnesota 7/10/09 - 7:10 CSN

MHizzle85

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 09:36 PM)
Except you, I, Ozzie, and everyone else in the world know that Jenks is not good in non-save situations.

I can understand him not doing well in blowouts, but 1 run games he should be fine, and if he's not, he shouldn't be getting big money.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 08:33 PM)
This reminds me of game 1 we lost last year in the 3 game series in September. As I recall, it was a 5-4 game? Basically where we should've won it but basically handed it to the Twinkies and they went on to sweep.

After Nathan shuts us down in the 9th, I'll be THRILLED with one win this weekend.

Well, the key difference is that we led that entire game...versus trailing or being tied from the beginning tonight.

Down 4-0 with Blackburn on the hill, we probably shouldn't have even made it a game. Then the Cuddyer play in RF reversed all the momentum, along with Beckham not getting the go-ahead run across the plate.

And Carlos Gomez single-handedly destroyed us that game...tonight, Mauer's the hero (theoretically), but I never felt we would win this game after we couldn't take the lead and you knew Dotel/Thornton/Linebrink would figure out some way to untie the game at the HHH.

PS: I hope Jenks throws a WP here so he can understand how stupid it is to let runners steal at will on the Sox in the late innings. Stupid baseball. Yes, concentrate on getting the hitter, but sometime it will come back to bite him in the big 'ol butt of his.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 02:36 AM)
Except you, I, Ozzie, and everyone else in the world know that Jenks is not good in non-save situations.

Should have been Thornton for Kubel, and then bring Pena in for the righties. What was Ozzie planning on doing if the Sox got the lead in the 9th?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 09:36 PM)

i will admit specifically lately, he hasn't been....but i honestly think its more of a fluky thing and not something likely to continue for his career...especially coming in a 1 run game the mindset is still "get three outs"....in a 8 run blowout i can understand it more i suppose

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 09:40 PM)
This is such a typical collapse at this f***ing stadium.

you were spot on abotu that cuddyer catch...twins defense was the difference in this game....