7/12: Sox @ Twinkles: 1:10 CT, CSN

maggsmaggs

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 09:30 PM)
He must be terrible every other game. Every time I see the guy, while not quite at Hawk's admiration level, I wish the Sox had him.

Agreed, and it's not like he gets cheap hits against the Sox.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
pitching really let us down in this series.

The sox scored enough in this series to have won at least 2 of 3 but Danksy and Buerhles shat the bed

ugh,Beckham is terrible

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 03:31 PM)
Wow Beckham...I defend him more than anyone, but it might be time to try Getz/Nix at 3rd and put him at 2nd.

I was just thinking the same thing....I think he'll be ok at 3b if they decide to keep him there...but a guy with so much offensive ability...I don't want him THIS concerned about his fielding. I'm all for moving him to 2b if Getz or Nix can handle 3b...do either of them have the arm?

Or is it worth going out and getting a Mark Teahan or a Scott Rolen and using Getz and Nix as utility players (and DFA'ing Wise)?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 03:27 PM)
The display by our pitching staff this series is pathetic.

One tough inning for Danks....many borderline pitches in the first. Two hits after that. Think its coincidence that it was a matchup of game 163? Have you ever seen Danks walk four in a row? Just saying....little suspect.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 03:35 PM)
Still going to keep weighing him against Brandon Allen.

I am not cause that will just drive your baseball mind crazy. Whats done is done and trades are a roll of the dice most of the time.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 08:36 PM)
If someone told you Mauer would be 0 for with 4 strikeouts today, I wouldn't think the Sox would give up 13. Josh Fields has been located.

Ozzie might want to start putting in Nix for defensive purposes at 3rd base at the end of games.