Films Thread

juddling

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your ever stuck for a film to rent and see a copy of This is England, rent it. you will not be disappointed, Shane Meadows at his best. Great writing, great acting and a fabulous sound track.

Run with the crowd, stand alone, you decide.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 02:59 PM)
New Coen Brothers movie, A Serious Man

Partly filmed at my alma mater--who did not ask for money in exchange for filming. Instead they asked the Cohen Brothers to come and speak to the students.

Funny People... awesome for first hour and a half, then takes a pointless turn and spends the final 50 minutes or so making no sense and totally changing its direction.

A bit disappointed, but still enjoyed it. There were a lot of very funny parts.

Steven Spielberg is going to direct a remake fo the classic comedy Harvey which starred Jimmy Stewart.

As much as a film buff as I am, I am not completely against remakes. I view them like revivals on Broadway. A chance for new directors and actors to take on the material. If it were a vehicle fo Zac Efron and Disney set in a high school, I'd say no. But Spielberg and probably Tom Hanks do provide me a sense of calmness toward the project.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800681...yid=13&cs=1

Edited by RibbieRubarb

I know there wasnt much love for Funny People on here but I thought it was an EXCELLENT film. Great performance from Sandler.

But I have to say one thing about it....Eminem makes me cringe when I see him because he is embarrassing. Dude, that act was cool ten years ago but now you look like a f***ing idiot.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 05:12 PM)
The last couple of installments of the Alien film franchise, especially the gawdawful last AVP film all but dashed any hope I had of ever seeing another decent Alien film.

This news has completely changed that..

:headbang :headbang

Ridley Scott has been making noise for the past year about going back to the franchise. I couldnt be more excited.

I hope they dont try and somehow weave Ripley into the prequel like I heard, because that would just be dumb

QUOTE (RibbieRubarb @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 06:39 AM)
Trailer for "The Lovely Bones" new film by Peter Jackson. I loved the book and the movie looks amazing!

I can't see that preview here but will when I get home. I was recommended that book, and it didn't seem like my style, but I read it anyway. And loved it. Hopefully this will be a nice treatment.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 08:18 AM)
I can't see that preview here but will when I get home. I was recommended that book, and it didn't seem like my style, but I read it anyway. And loved it. Hopefully this will be a nice treatment.

I read it also and thought it was pretty damn depressing. Interesting but a bit of a downer.

Yes I do read jackasses.