Danks to Miss Start, Torres to start in place

Heads22

Torres will start in his place. Danks has a bum finger.

FS: Carlos Torres to Make MLB Debut on Wednesday

FutureSox.com

In an update to our original story, FutureSox.com has learned that Carlos Torres will make his major league debut on Wednesday, starting in place of LHP John Danks. Danks had been scratched from Wednesday’s game against the Rays due to an injured finger (blister).

Torres had initially been called up to piggy-back Clayton Richard’s start and was going to remain on the roster until Bartolo Colon replaced him on the roster on Friday. Torres will now start Wednesday and is still scheduled to head back down to make room for Colon.

Joe Cowley is reporting that the Sox expect Danks will miss only one start due to the blister on his pitching hand.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 04:00 PM)
Prediction: Torres stays up the rest of the year, and starts at least 10 games.

Prediction: Kyyie and Larry Eustachy end up on either facebook.com or myspace.com with BA's and Gordon Beckham's "slayed hotties" in a hot tub holding Milwaukee's Best cans.

ISU "inside" joke...sorry.

If only a certain un-named basketball player was around to rob the local Burger King.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 09:53 PM)
So this means we'll have Richard, Colon, and Torres all starting in the same week? Wow...

I'm disappointed that Leyland adjusted Tigers rotation so we'll get Verlander, Jackson, and Porcello this wknd. I was hopeful we'd miss Verlander.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 04:04 PM)
Prediction: Kyyie and Larry Eustachy end up on either facebook.com or myspace.com with BA's and Gordon Beckham's "slayed hotties" in a hot tub holding Milwaukee's Best cans.

ISU "inside" joke...sorry.

If only a certain un-named basketball player was around to rob the local Burger King.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 04:20 PM)
I'm disappointed that Leyland adjusted Tigers rotation so we'll get Verlander, Jackson, and Porcello this wknd. I was hopeful we'd miss Verlander.

I still have faith that we remember that we own him.