White Sox @ Twins 7/28 Game Thread

SoxFan1

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 09:27 PM)
Why couldn't Kapler have just hit that ball 20 feet shorter last Thursday? It's going to be frustrating when Fields is traded tonight and Wise stays on the roster.

My problem with Wise isn't that he's a bad player... It still irritates me how he complained about getting boo'ed after he came back from injury. I can't stand players who make excuses for their s***ty play. Instead of saying, "You know, it's tough to come back after being injured." Be a man and admit you suck and say something like, "I know I've been struggling and it is my fault. I'm gonna do nothing but work my ass off to get better."

He's got a decent set up at the plate, some pop, is very fast, and a solid defender. I would have no problem with him as a late inning replacement in CF or LF and pinch runner. I got no problem with a player like him on the bench. But he has no business starting if someone isn't injured or needs a day off.

But because of his attitude and making excuses for his sucky-ness, I wan't him off the team.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 09:31 PM)
We need to trade Wise for some grass seed. He's not even worth a bag of balls.

Roger Bossard would not allow that level of grass seed anywhere near U.S. Cellular Field.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 02:34 AM)
My problem with Wise isn't that he's a bad player... It still irritates me how he complained about getting boo'ed after he came back from injury. I can't stand players who make excuses for their s***ty play. Instead of saying, "You know, it's tough to come back after being injured." Be a man and admit you suck and say something like, "I know I've been struggling and it is my fault. I'm gonna do nothing but work my ass off to get better."

He's got a decent set up at the plate, some pop, is very fast, and a solid defender. I would have no problem with him as a late inning replacement in CF or LF and pinch runner. I got no problem with a player like him on the bench. But he has no business starting if someone isn't injured or needs a day off.

But because of his attitude and making excuses for his sucky-ness, I wan't him off the team.

He's just not producing, yet Ozzie seemingly wants to find ways to get him into the lineup. He's OMIT, plain and simple.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 09:35 PM)
Mauer does a great job with his pitch selection to our hitters. He plays off of situations and has a great feel for when our hitters are going to be trying to do too much at the plate.

Which would be from the 7th inning on in every game. Not too hard to figure out.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 09:31 PM)
He's going to bat leadoff tomorrow :lolhitting

I'm just curious does wise have the lowest batting average for all hitters this yr? if not i'd hate to be a fan of the team that does

no....there are quite a few people with more at bats with lower averages

Casilla .160

Cedeno .170

More of the same. Kick the ball around a bit, walk some people, swing for the fences, and hit nothing.

When play 2 of your rivals and you drop 5 out of 6 kicking the ball, you don't deserve to be in the race. Typical late July early August choke job by the sox.

QUOTE (Baines3 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 09:39 PM)
I will be glad to see the Twins leave the Metro Dome. We have enough loses in that place.

I will be glad to see when we get a fundamentally sound baseball team that knows how to play baseball.