Beckham SS

Quentin RF

Dye DH

Konerko 1B

Ramirez CF

Pierzynski C

Viciedo 3B

Getz 2B

Thoughts?????? If TCQ is back to normal and Bacon continues to progress, this lineup is pretty hot. Of course, we can't count on Pods again can we? Or, will he get a silly offer from another team in the offseason we're not willing to match???

And yes, I know Dayan is a stretch maybe, but maybe not the way he's playing. The bottom line is I want to use Beckham at either 2B or SS, which gives us a huge advantage having a REAL 3B at the position who can slug and have Beckham play middle infield.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tommy @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 06:08 PM)
I hope Kenny brings in Figgins to leadoff and play 3B and Carl Crawford to play CF.

Figgins should be priority #1. Don't expect Pods to reproduce the same results he put up this year.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 12:00 AM)
I think it would be an awful idea to have Ramirez play CF.

I don't. It's his natural position. Not to mention he can't be any worse than he is at SS/2B, or what we've been throwing out in CF in recent years (minus BA).

Not that the organization will even consider it...

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 12:10 AM)
Don't expect Pods to reproduce the same results he put up this year.

Barring injury, there's no reason to think this. His hitting approach is completely different now than what it was. But there is no place to put him if we don't want him to play CF.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 07:10 PM)
Figgins should be priority #1. Don't expect Pods to reproduce the same results he put up this year.

That was quick. Someone always manages to take a s*** on Pods no matter how much he produces. I have to agree with Buehrlee>wood here.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 06:42 PM)
That was quick. Someone always manages to take a s*** on Pods no matter how much he produces. I have to agree with Buehrlee>wood here.

Do you really see Pods hitting .300 again?

I don't.

Can he hit .270-.280 and steal you 25 bases? Probably.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 07:44 PM)
Do you really see Pods hitting .300 again?

I don't.

Can he hit .270-.280 and steal you 25 bases? Probably.

I'll take that.

My main concern is injury with Pods. That may behind him though. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt if he stays at this pace.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 06:41 PM)
Trade Alexei (if we get an awesome return) , Keep Nix, continue to play Gordon at 3b

Nix is not an everyday player, and he is a 2B.

If we make Dye our DH (discount, new deal) and keep our infield the same which I think we should, it opens up two outfield spots, with Carlos being LF or RF.

Find someone that can leadoff and play CF (assuming Pods is gone).

Crawford CF

Beckham 3B

Quentin RF/LF

Dye DH

Konerko 1B

Pierzynski C

Ramirez SS

Danks2 RF/LF

Getz 2B

Rotation is already set.

How is that for a lineup.

Edited by tommy

QUOTE (tommy @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 07:48 PM)
Nix is not an everyday player, and he is a 2B.

I don't see any reason why he would not be able to make the transition to SS. I also feel Nix is a late bloomer and could be a really nice MLB player. I love Alexei, but I think we can get a King's Ransom for him.

With the economy in the crapper and the addition of Peavy's contract, I don't see Kenny spending much on FA position players next year. More likely that any extra money goes into the bullpen. I'm also assuming that Beckham keeps 3B warm next year for Viciedo, before moving to 2B in 2011. I'm going with...

Podsednik LF

Beckham 3B

Quentin RF

Dye DH

Konerko 1B

Pierzynski C

Ramirez SS

Getz 2B

(FA)* CF

*This would be Willy Taveras-type speed/defense guy who struggles a bit to get on base.

If Kenny just goes out and signs Figgins along with a good 4th outfielder who can play center, I'll be satisfied. A nice bullpen piece wouldn't be bad either with the departure of Dotel.

Carl Crawford looks really good at this point, but we'll have to give up a lot to get him and he's only under control for one more year.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 04:56 PM)
I don't see any reason why he would not be able to make the transition to SS. I also feel Nix is a late bloomer and could be a really nice MLB player. I love Alexei, but I think we can get a King's Ransom for him.

Despite having a very good day at the plate, Nix's OPS so far in the bigs has been pretty bad. He's going to have to do more with the bat to earn a permanent spot in the lineup. IMO, Getz is a better every-day option (he's played SS in the minors). That said, keeping Nix around as a utility guy sounds like a good idea.

i don't know if KW would spend the money but i would like to see a roster of:

CF-Figgins

3b-Beckham

RF-Dye

DH-Blalock

1b-Konerko

LF-Quentin

C-AJ

SS-Ramirez

2b-Getz

bench: Nix,Wise, Flowers,Fields

SP-Peavy

SP-Buerhe

SP-Danks

SP-Floyd

SP-Duscherer

RP-Pena

RP-Carasco

RP-Nunez

RP-Thornton

RP-Linebrink

RP-lefthander

CL-Jenks

QUOTE (WCSox @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 08:02 PM)
Podsednik LF

Beckham 3B

Quentin RF

Dye DH

Konerko 1B

Pierzynski C

Ramirez SS

Getz 2B

(FA)* CF

*This would be Willy Taveras-type speed/defense guy who struggles a bit to get on base.

Why would we ever want this type of player on our roster?

Ozzie has already been quoted as saying Beckham will be our 3B for a very long time. Lex will stay at SS with Getz at 2B.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Jordan Danks (Danks 2) take down CF in ST next year.

Viciedo is a LONG way away...I'm interested to see what happens with Flowers. I wouldn't be surprised to him brought up as Thome's replacement in the lineup while moving him around at DH/C/1B.

Edited by rockren

QUOTE (rockren @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 10:14 PM)
Ozzie has already been quoted as saying Beckham will be our 3B for a very long time. Lex will stay at SS with Getz at 2B.

I hope this is just Ozzie being Ozzie. It seems like a shame to me to waste Gordon's ability at third when he could be one of the top 3-4 offensive 2b in baseball (if not better).

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 11:32 PM)
I hope this is just Ozzie being Ozzie. It seems like a shame to me to waste Gordon's ability at third when he could be one of the top 3-4 offensive 2b in baseball (if not better).

What else do we have at 3rd in the organization? Do we dare name Viciedo has our future 3B? I don't see him staying over there as he moves across the infield.

I actually believe Beckham will be our guy at 3rd for a long time.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 07:45 PM)
i don't know if KW would spend the money but i would like to see a roster of:

CF-Figgins

3b-Beckham

RF-Dye

DH-Blalock

1b-Konerko

LF-Quentin

C-AJ

SS-Ramirez

2b-Getz

bench: Nix,Wise, Flowers,Fields

SP-Peavy

SP-Buerhe

SP-Danks

SP-Floyd

SP-Duscherer

RP-Pena

RP-Carasco

RP-Nunez

RP-Thornton

RP-Linebrink

RP-lefthander

CL-Jenks

There is absolutely no way Tyler Flowers will be sitting for A.J. at the ML level. If Tyler Flowers is up, he'll be the starter.