Sox versus Yankees August 2, 2009 game thread

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's crazy how even if he tends to have unimpressive but decent relief appearances like this one, Peña still impacts the franchise probably more than a 1B/LF Jose Guillen-type minor leaguer mightve.

Not that we know for sure yet.

We don't know for sure yet, but I think I'd rather have the Guillen type player with an Allen-like attitude, assuming Allen has a good attitude. Aren't middle relievers a dime a dozen in the free agent market every year? This Pena doesn't seem much better than a lot of hacks around baseball.

Brandon Webb is going to have shoulder surgery. The D-Backs have an $8.5 million option on him with a $1.5 million buyout. You would think they would buy him out and he'll be a FA. I just wonder what type of market he will have. Shoulder problems are tough to overcome.

3/4 from NY is great, but it would have been nice to make up for the disasters in Detroit and Minnie with a shocking sweep. I'd be thrilled if we won another in Detroit and one in Minnie.

But no way to b**** about 3 of 4 if we don't rally. CC has rebounded incredibly well since CQ tried to stretch the single into a double.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 03:08 PM)
3/4 from NY is great, but it would have been nice to make up for the disasters in Detroit and Minnie with a shocking sweep. I'd be thrilled if we won another in Detroit and one in Minnie.

But no way to b**** about 3 of 4 if we don't rally. CC has rebounded incredibly well since CQ tried to stretch the single into a double.

Division's so bad we'll be able to pounce for awhile, we'll have our chances