Peavy throwing from the mound

GreatScott82

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 11:01 AM)
Encouraging news, Sounds like he’s right on schedule. I wonder if Coop will teach him the cutter (Green?)

You know what's funny? One of the scouting reports I read says that's one of his best pitches.

Sounds like he fits right in!

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 12:17 PM)
Per TheScore:

Peavy threw 50 pitches and was pain free. . .

Expect him to begin a rehab assignment as soon as next week down in the farm.

Really? Because this is a lot faster of a timetable then the Padres ever had him on. If this is true, Peavy is going to be here sooner than a lot of us expected.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 11:23 AM)
Really? Because this is a lot faster of a timetable then the Padres ever had him on. If this is true, Peavy is going to be here sooner than a lot of us expected.

Thats what i was thinking. . Maybe he is extra motivated to be in a pennant race.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 11:37 AM)
On the Score just now Rick Hahn mentioned Dan Hudson's name as a possible option to make one of those 3 starts in August required out of the 5th starter. So I guess he's an option for this year.

That's one way to find out what Hudson has for next year.

Please don't rush and hurt our new 50 million plus pitcher by rushing him back too early. If he alters his delivery at all due to a weak leg, that can cause an arm injury.

I wonder what the Padres are thinking about this.

Edited by 103 mph screwball

I'd really like to see what Hudson can do. I really think Torres is a nice pitcher, and I think he's almost a lock to be in the bullpen in 2010. But I think it would be a good move to get Hudson's feet wet and see if he can handle the Indians on August 8 and the Royals on August 18.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 12:15 PM)
Torres was just fine last time. Dance w/ the girl that brought ya.

OK i misused that saying just then.

I agree with you in that respect, but after hearing Hahn bring up Hudson's name, I'm beginning to think he's the one coming up. I mean, what was the point of bringing his name up in that situation. He could have just said, "We were all impressed with Torres' spot start, and he'll be coming up for those starts", but he didn't.

I think Torres would be great in the pen, by the way. He'll be out there in September.

We should just name this the "Jake Peavy rehad thread" and update it in here instead of a new thread every day.

If he threw 50 pitches today, has no pain, I think it is reasonable to say he rehabs for two weeks than is sent to Charlotte for a start or 2 and than BOOM. I don't know much about arm strength building though.