Angels @ Sox, 1:05 pm CST

lostfan

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cochise @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 03:04 PM)
Is this one of those games where Ozzie isn't really concerned about a win today... or Danks' ERA for that matter, but rather preserving the pen in the long run? I realize Danks has somewhat settled in, but he's nearing 110 pitches.

Preserve the pen? Isn't that what we did yesterday?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 03:06 PM)
As lousy as it is to lose, we just have to keep winning series. Pretty much every series. We'll be 3 back in the loss column v. Detroit unless we rally today.

Got to take 2 of 3 vs. Cleveland.

When you win the first couple of games in a series you really need to start stepping on the necks of some of these teams. This is not a tip your cap game. This is our DH in RF forgetting how many outs there are, some kicking the ball around, some throwing meatballs mixed n with some I want to go home situational hitting and poof you have the turd sandwich we see today.

The Angels have seen the weak defesne by the Sox and Aybar hhs taken advantage of it with bunt singles

Jake Fox plays third....no bunt attempts

Miguel cabrera plays a whole series on an ankle he can barely walk on and Dontrelle Willis sprians his ankle in the second inning and no bunt attempts on either of them.....

The Sox just seem to stick to one idea and never adjust.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 03:05 PM)
Preserve the pen? Isn't that what we did yesterday?

Not that I agree with what Ozzie is doing...but it looks as if he feels they need even more of a rest than just last night.

They've put in a ton of work lately.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 01:08 PM)
When you win the first couple of games in a series you really need to start stepping on the necks of some of these teams. This is not a tip your cap game. This is our DH in RF forgetting how many outs there are, some kicking the ball around, some throwing meatballs mixed n with some I want to go home situational hitting and poof you have the turd sandwich we see today.

Remember the suspended game last year? Konerko had a quote before that game like "good teams win series, but really great teams sweep and step on the necks of opponents. We want to separate ourselves from the good teams and be a great team." That was the jist and in no way was that verbatim... but it stuck with me, because every time we take the first two I think about his quote, and too often this time I have been disappointed after a loss in the final game. I agree, winning series is real important. But sometimes you have to keep pushing and step on their necks. Sweeps make up some ground on the series you lost too.