Chicago @ Seattle Gamethread

whitesoxbrian

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 11:28 PM)
Not talking about you two, but I've always wanted to see two Sox fans get into a legit fistfight over whether or not Greg Walker should be fired.

It's certainly not worth all that. I used to hate Walker, but it's time for these guys to figure it out. Getz hit well, went into a huge slump, and is now back up to around .270. Beckham is at .300+. Quentin's BA is getting up there. Ramirez is at .275ish. Those are the 4 young guys and I'd say he's doing a damn good job with them, yes? Dye, Thome, Konerko, Podsednik, and AJ (who's hitting very well right now) should all be able to figure out what they're doing on their own.

They hit homers in 2005, too. Walker is a great hitting coach when the Sox are hitting but he sucks when they aren't. It's getting old how much people hate the guy. Dye has been in pro baseball for what, 12-13 years now? I don't think he needs Greg f***ing Walker to tell him how to hit the thing.

First off, I never call Walker a great hitting coach because the Sox hit home runs. When you CONSTANTLY swing with the intention of driving the ball out and striking out like a madman, eventually you WILL hit something. I have never and will never call Walker a great hitting coach.

Second, if what you're saying is true, I would think then that "pro" and these other "pros" wouldn't constantly make this offense look like a little league offense. Just my opinion. I have no problem with YOUR opinion, but your defense of Walker makes it sound like a hitting coach should never be at fault. Just a bad choice of words you used. If no one needs "Greg f***ing Walker" to tell them how to hit, why are there hitting coaches in the first place?

Sorry, I just disagree with your perspective.