8/17 Sox vs Kansas City 7:11pm CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 03:30 AM)
Yah, I can understand that, but I think they were caught offguard by the two quick walks, which could be their fault, and the fact that at somepoint somebody other than Thornton is gonna have to hold some games for us. I think he was trying to give Line some confidence hoping he'd be worth something down the stretch. Unfortunatley, like Dotel, he showed that he sucks and we are screwed down the stretch. Awesome.

Well said

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 03:29 AM)
Why else would he come out, warm up at the beginning of the 8th...and then be mysteriously pulled before the inning begins?

Can you explain that? Obviously, there's no need to even put extra wear and tear on Thornton at this point in the season if you don't want to use him for the 8th...doesn't make any sense, he's CLEARLY the best reliever in the bullpen right now.

To give Linebrink more tosses in the bullpen. Ozzie probably was goign to keep Thornton in when it was a 1 run lead, but he probably wanted to get Linebrink into the game when AJP homered.

Why? fathom's wanted Ozzie gone for awhile. Bottom line is that nobody in our bullpen is worth a s*** these days other than Thornton.

Exactly, and to say, "worst managerial movie I've ever seen" speak volumes coming from fathom. I've seen worse, though. Ozzie

s managing is atrocious.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 03:33 AM)
Exactly, and to say, "worst managerial movie I've ever seen" speak volumes coming from fathom. I've seen worse, though. Ozzie

s managing is atrocious.

The bottom of the 8th has been atrocious as well. Hopefully Pods bails out Ozzie.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 10:33 PM)

s managing is atrocious.

Do you not read game threads? fathom has said "worst move I've ever seen" many times.

In the mean time, PODS!