8/17 Sox vs Kansas City 7:11pm CDT - CSN

knightni

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 09:22 PM)
Why? fathom's wanted Ozzie gone for awhile. Bottom line is that nobody in our bullpen is worth a s*** these days other than Thornton.

While I have zero confidence in Linebrink, I really do think the rest of the pen can turn it around....hopefully sooner rather than later.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 10:25 PM)
Yep, and I thought he was doing a very good job this season up until that Cubs debacle with Linebrink. Since then, it just seems like he's really made some weird decisions and the team has been far too flat when they should be going for sweeps.

Well, I can agree with some of the stuff, but when you have 1 reliable arm in the bullpen there isn't a whole lot you can do 'right' as a manager.

Ugh WHAT THE f***, I turn my attention to my homework for a few minutes and I look up to be reminded that SCOTT LINEBRINK IS STILL f***ING HORRIBLE. They were winning when I stopped paying attention. :suicide:

Edited by lostfan

Thornton was HURT when he came out to start the 8th....

What else would you have done???

So we really trust our season to Williams over someone we're paying like Linebrink and Dotel...???

This team is in huge trouble anyway with just Thornton in the bullpen....and we might not even have him after tonight.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 04:26 AM)
Thornton was HURT when he came out to start the 8th....

What else would you have done???

So we really trust our season to Williams over someone we're paying like Linebrink and Dotel...???

This team is in huge trouble anyway with just Thornton in the bullpen....and we might not even have him after tonight.

I'm very confident Thornton was not hurt.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 04:26 AM)
Well, I can agree with some of the stuff, but when you have 1 reliable arm in the bullpen there isn't a whole lot you can do 'right' as a manager.

Jacobs looks absolutely dreadful whenever we have a lefty pitch to him. Williams was the person to face him there, no doubt about it. If that was the Sox batting, you bet your ass the manager would have brought in the lefty reliever.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 10:26 PM)
a reliever screws the pooch and the manager should be fired.

got it.

The thing is I don't think anyone was ready to come in. That's on Ozzie!! It's one thing to try to get Line back on track, but you gotta have someone ready when he starts to s*** the bed.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 09:26 PM)
I'm very confident Thornton was not hurt.

Why else would he come out, warm up at the beginning of the 8th...and then be mysteriously pulled before the inning begins?

Can you explain that? Obviously, there's no need to even put extra wear and tear on Thornton at this point in the season if you don't want to use him for the 8th...doesn't make any sense, he's CLEARLY the best reliever in the bullpen right now.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 10:27 PM)
Jacobs looks absolutely dreadful whenever we have a lefty pitch to him. Williams was the person to face him there, no doubt about it. If that was the Sox batting, you bet your ass the manager would have brought in the lefty reliever.

Hillman did not in the 7th to face AJ

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 11:26 PM)
a reliever screws the pooch and the manager should be fired.

got it.

This wasn’t Linebrink’s fault. He’s been doing this s*** for an entire year, this was obviously a batter he should not be facing. This was on Ozzie.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 10:27 PM)

Yah, I can understand that, but I think they were caught offguard by the two quick walks, which could be their fault, and the fact that at somepoint somebody other than Thornton is gonna have to hold some games for us. I think he was trying to give Line some confidence hoping he'd be worth something down the stretch. Unfortunatley, like Dotel, he showed that he sucks and we are screwed down the stretch. Awesome.