8/18 - Sox vs. Kansas City 7:11pm CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 09:14 PM)
Was there any talk on here about why Williams faced Callaspo with two outs and an open base with the lefty up next? Williams is great against lefties, but really sucks against righties.

Callaspo hits .370 as a righty as well.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 07:56 PM)
So is Randy Williams going to stay in for next inning? Cause if he doesn't it made absolutely no sense for him to stay in there against Callaspo.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 08:14 PM)
Was there any talk on here about why Williams faced Callaspo with two outs and an open base with the lefty up next? Williams is great against lefties, but really sucks against righties.

Indeed.

At the end of last year Garcia pitched decent.

What we stand to gain with Hudson doing well, is offset by what we stand to lose if Hudson gets decimated.

I can remember in 2003 when the then flavor of the month pitcher Neal Cotts was brought up during the stretch run. I can remember him going to Yankee stadium, .1 IP, 5 er, 4bb. He has only started 1 game after that in his career. His stats in 2003 in AA prior to call up, 2.16 era, 21gs, 108.1 ip, 67hits, 26er, 2hr, 56bb, 133k.

Hudson has 56ip in AA, just saying.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 19, 2009 -> 02:19 AM)

What we stand to gain with Hudson doing well, is offset by what we stand to lose if Hudson gets decimated.

I can remember in 2003 when the then flavor of the month pitcher Neal Cotts was brought up during the stretch run. I can remember him going to Yankee stadium, .1 IP, 5 er, 4bb. He has only started 1 game after that in his career. His stats in 2003 in AA prior to call up, 2.16 era, 21gs, 108.1 ip, 67hits, 26er, 2hr, 56bb, 133k.

Yep, and anyone with any baseball smarts knew that walk ratio was going to get him killed in the majors.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 10:19 PM)

I disagree. If Hudson gets his ass kicked he can try again next year. If Garcia screws up, he can probably just retire.