8/18 - Sox vs. Kansas City 7:11pm CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 08:52 PM)
I've seen enough of Garcia.

Can we PLEASE just stop avoiding the promotion of Hudson and have him pitch a few games?

His stuff is terrible as expected. No reason to throw him out there again.

Hudson could not be any worse than Contreras and Garcia and at least has the possibility of being good.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 09:49 PM)
So, the Garcia experiment was a failure.

MLB.com says his fastball sat 87-90, with one at 91. So his velocity isn't that bad, and his changeup was 80 mph, so that's a pretty good separation from his fastball. I'm not totally ready to abandon Garcia, but I also wouldn't mind seeing Hudson.

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 08:55 PM)
MLB.com says his fastball sat 87-90, with one at 91. So his velocity isn't that bad, and his changeup was 80 mph, so that's a pretty good separation from his fastball. I'm not totally ready to abandon Garcia, but I also wouldn't mind seeing Hudson.

Don't trust game day. All you had to do was watch him pitch to know he was not very good.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 08:56 PM)
Don't trust game day. All you had to do was watch him pitch to know he was not very good.

If his velocity is good and his offspeed was offspeed enough, there may be something there for a 5th starter. You're not going to get quality starts every time out. Sorry, it just doesn't happen. I'd probably give him another shot.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 08:56 PM)

Well he certainly didn't look bad either. He just needed more time. His endurance wasn't there and his command wasn't great. He had good movement on all his pitches but left a couple pitches up.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 08:52 PM)
No use running anymore retreads out their. We don't benefit from their failure. Dan Hudson might be a different story, if he has another nice start in AAA.

I'd promote him whatever the result of his next AAA start.

At worst, he comes up here, pitches two games, is terrible, and goes back down. Atleast we know what we have. Better than this option of going with Garcia and Torress for the foreseeable future. If he's any sort of man he wont fall off the planet because he had a rough start to his MLB career.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 07:58 PM)
Well he certainly didn't look bad either. He just needed more time. His endurance wasn't there and his command wasn't great. He had good movement on all his pitches but left a couple pitches up.

That.