Consolation Prize

The Critic

AS OF TODAY, July 24, the White Sox are ONE HALF GAME better than the Lovable Losers.

White Sox - 51 wins, 50 losses

Lovable Losers - 50 wins, 50 losses

so the "back up the truck, nobody cares" White Sox are actually BETTER right now than the so-called "Playoff Contenders" on the North Side????

CAN IT BE??????

Just more proof that media hype does not win you ballgames...

AS OF TODAY, July 24, the White Sox are ONE HALF GAME better than the Lovable Losers.

White Sox  -  51 wins, 50 losses

Lovable Losers  -  50 wins, 50 losses

so the "back up the truck, nobody cares" White Sox are actually BETTER right now than the so-called "Playoff Contenders" on the North Side????

CAN IT BE??????

Just more proof that media hype does not win you ballgames...

You mean there's another baseball team in Chicago besides the Sox?

I would have never known....

This is good because I made a bet with 2 Cubs fans from school. It's basically $1 per win. So if Sox finish with 85 wins and the Cubs finish with 75 I make $20 ($10 from each). :headbang

I made a similar bet this year with a Cubs fan on the season series and won $20.

Always great to hustle a dumb Cubs fan...

:fthecubs :fthecubs :fthecubs

Always great to hustle a dumb Cubs fan...

You know it! Nothing beats bragging to a Cubs fan and they respond by saying, "Shut up. Sox suck too." I enjoy being able to say that the Cubs suck worse. Now if only the Sox would do something good that conversation would make a turn for the better.

I went back to 1950, that's 53 baseball seasons total. The White Sox had a better record in 37 of those years. If you go back to 1970 the White Sox still lead 20-13. The 70's was the only decade the cubs beat us, having a better record in 6 out of 10 years.