O's @ Sox 8-23 1:05 CSN

whitesoxbrian

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, 4-5 against the MIGHTY Orioles this season.

We can't even beat teams like the Royals and Indians this year on a consistent basis.

We aren't as bad as 2007 because we have way too much talent to underperform at the 72 win level, but that was almost funny....this is just depressingly frustrating, knowing the ability this ballclub has.

Hopefully, KW will do what he has to do this offseason. Thanks for another great Sunday line-up Ozzerrrooo.

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Aug 23, 2009 -> 09:02 PM)
Tigers can lose all they want, we still have to win. Boston and Yanks will be tough and we can't beat the Twins in the dome.

Tigers are at Anaheim and then vs Tampa next week. Not exactly easy.

LOOKS like the Tigers are down 4-1 now after a 3 run CUST jack against Porcello.

Yet, at no point in the 9th inning did I truly believe that we were going to come through....the last time I really had faith in our ability to make a comeback consistently was the final series of the first half against the Red Sox and Papelbon in July of 2006.

We had our moments last year, but we still were a very much flawed baseball club.

Make that 20-20 against terrible trio of BALT, KC and CLE this year...reason enough alone why we don't deserve to go ANYWHERE this season but to the local country club.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 23, 2009 -> 09:05 PM)
LOOKS like the Tigers are down 4-1 now after a 3 run CUST jack against Porcello.

Yet, at no point in the 9th inning did I truly believe that we were going to come through....the last time I really had faith in our ability to make a comeback consistently was the final series of the first half against the Red Sox and Papelbon in July of 2006.

We had our moments last year, but we still were a very much flawed baseball club.

Truly a dissapointing performance yet again. I can't believe this team with its talent is just barely above .500 and we lose the series to a team with the second worse record in the AL. I just didn't think we were going to pull it out either and that's sad

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Aug 23, 2009 -> 06:08 PM)
4 out of our last 5 losses have been by one run. I don't know if that is a good sign or bad sign.

Thats a very bad sign. We need to start winning the close games. Also the 1-40 record when trailing after 8 is a very discouraging stat as well.