Game Thread

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 11:23 PM)
The frustrating thing about Rios is he's had a few chances to really deliver and say, help us win a division, with a big hit.

He's failed like the rest of our guys of late.

The verdict is still out on Mr. 40-40 (not).

He’s also being sat nearly 4 times a week for no reason.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 10:30 PM)
10 games and you guys are b****ing about his offense. It will pick up. Seriously, you must be one of those guys who calls for a guy to be traded or fired whenever they hit a slump. It happens. If statistics don't lie, then Rios will get better. And in the field he is definitely doing his job. Maybe we should have kept Anderson, eh? You must have lost your MIND during every one of Konerko's slumps (many in which were part of seasons where he had 30+ HR and 90+ RBIs).

Seriously, quit b****ing. I understand the frustration that our team as a whole is bad, but Jesus, to be s***ting on a guy after his first 10 games with this organization with posts that cover up your words with asterisks is ridiculous.

Sometimes this site just makes me laugh. Some of you come across as mindless, ravenous dogs and not as logical fans.

You are the one who called out the fan saying he's not intelligent when he said Rios wasn't doing anything offense. The fact is that he's not doing anything on offense. What he does the rest of the season is irrelevant. What the guy was saying, and what I am saying, is that he has sucked so far on offense. And it's as simple as that.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 10:24 PM)
You were angry with the man the minute the deal went down.

Yah, because I don't think he's a good player, and I sure as s*** don't think he's worth 12 mil a year. And that has nothing to do with Pods.

You are the one who called out the fan saying he's not intelligent when he said Rios wasn't doing anything offense. The fact is that he's not doing anything on offense. What he does the rest of the season is irrelevant. What the guy was saying, and what I am saying, is that he has sucked so far on offense. And it's as simple as that.

First off, I said nothing about his intelligence. This isn't a game of word association; I don't appreciate being misquoted. On the other hand, it's kind of true because...

That's fine and it's partially true. I'm just tired of people acting like the sky is falling and trying to insinuate bad things about a player based on 10 freaking games. Making a guy out to be crap and saying he isn't good or he doesn't deserve this and that, etc. based on 10 games... well... IMO no, that's not intelligent. If you have that frame of mind then you simply shouldn't watch sports. People have slumps no matter how good they are. I don't know if it's even accurate to call this a slump quite yet, anyway.