Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (kev211 @ Oct 19, 2009 -> 06:26 PM)
He seems to be absolutely fired up, and motivated to do awesome this season judging by some of his recent facebook statuses.

Did you go to Hoopfest on Friday? I think we got something special in Jackie Carmichael.

Nope, no longer living in Normal, but I have heard that Carmichael could really contribute and that he is fantastic off the dribble.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 20, 2009 -> 08:17 PM)
Nope, no longer living in Normal, but I have heard that Carmichael could really contribute and that he is fantastic off the dribble.

Yep he looked awesome huge and athletic, and anyone who could hang with Osiris in a dunk contest is obviously special. Carmichael jumped from about a foot in front of the free throw line to score a 50, but then Osiris matched it by jumping over someone.

9930_175772598012_547478012_3731226_7979

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 10:16 PM)
ISU could beat Illinois in Wii basketball, perhaps.

I really wish they scheduled each other just once. A home and home over two years.

Not saying ISU would win just saying it would be really fun, and that ISU could potentially pull off an upset at Redbird Arena.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Oct 23, 2009 -> 02:26 AM)
I really wish they scheduled each other just once. A home and home over two years.

Not saying ISU would win just saying it would be really fun, and that ISU could potentially pull off an upset at Redbird Arena.

Your post count would cut itself in half then.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 10:34 AM)
Since I watched them both in high school, would be nice to watch Turner and Lenzelle play together for a year.

What are your thoughts on Lenzelle? I have never seen the kid play. Turner is going to play PG for the Bucks this year which should be interesting.

Also the last time they played ISU had a terrible team while the Illini were good and the game went to OT. Anyone that thinks that ISU had no chance to beat Illinois the last two years is delusional. I would go as far to say ISU would have been the favorites at Redbird arena.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 23, 2009 -> 12:15 PM)
What are your thoughts on Lenzelle? I have never seen the kid play. Turner is going to play PG for the Bucks this year which should be interesting.

I love Lenzelle's game. When you look at him, he doesn't look like much of an athlete, but he is. He is one of the best rebounders I have seen. He is so hard to box out. He is like a short Rodman.

As a sophomore, he was also a deadly shooter from outside. Even the first month of his junior year. I was at the game he scored 39 vs. Warren as Paul dropped 20. Lenelle had 8 treys that game.

He has a great touch around the bucket as well. He'll throw up a shot, off balance, from 10 feet, and make it look easy.

I just felt Lenzelle regressed a bit as a junior. He was awesome as a sophomore.

This will be a big year for him because Zion is HIS team now. He played with a bunch of kids older than him since he was up as a freshmen, but now he will be the focus of the other team. Big target on his back.

Obviously the Big 10 will be tougher than the North Suburban Lake Conference.

I'm curious how close he was to transfering to Waukegan to play with Richmond. That team would of gone undefeated and won state.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Oct 23, 2009 -> 12:03 PM)
oh boy here we go with the Ill St. man crush.

:lol: No kidding...

ISU may have had a shot 3 years ago when Illinois was really bad that year, but they'll never get close again. Not with the players Illinois has brought/is bringing in now.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Oct 23, 2009 -> 01:03 PM)
oh boy here we go with the Ill St. man crush.

They easily have the best backcourt in the nation, and if you don't recognize that you're just a hater.

Hater.

QUOTE (Felix @ Oct 23, 2009 -> 03:26 PM)
They easily have the best backcourt in the nation, and if you don't recognize that you're just a hater.

Hater.

They only need Osiris. He can go 1 on 5 and take em to the Final Four.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Oct 23, 2009 -> 03:39 PM)
Shhhhhhh,dont show this to the ISU fans.undefined

Mid-majors just don't get any respect. National publications like Sports Illustrated are too busy getting paid off by the big name schools to make a real list.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 23, 2009 -> 03:33 PM)
They only need Osiris. He can go 1 on 5 and take em to the Final Four.

It's the fro-hawk, really.

On a serious note, he looks like a massive tool.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Oct 23, 2009 -> 03:59 PM)
Mid-majors just don't get any respect. National publications like Sports Illustrated are too busy getting paid off by the big name schools to make a real list.

So true, rip off the little guys.

It's the fro-hawk, really.

On a serious note, he looks like a massive tool.

NBDL say hello and cant wait, Osiris.