White Sox/Yankees

Kyyle23

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it involved RISP in late inning situations, I don't really trust the White Sox shooter to hit the target and put this team out of its misery.

Probably we'd end up paralyzed and on life support and have to remove the plug on September 15th or 20th, with the agony prolonged a bit.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 08:27 PM)
Damn.. sometimes Kenny being too overaggressive can also be a weakness when your putting all your chips in the deck. Hopefully Rios and Peavy can have a very good 2010 for us.

They sure as s*** better. We're not gonna have much money for a bullpen which is obviously a glaring, glaring issue. I don't have a clue what we're gonna do there next year.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 02:26 AM)
Time to take this season out behind the barn and shoot it.

I'll take myself out behind the barn and pull the trigger if I have to watch many more Jim Thome at bats with the Sox.

Edited by CarlosMartinez

It's time to do the wise thing, and finish the season as if we are 20 games back.

-Don't rush Peavy

-Give CQ lots of days off

-Put Danks, Floyd, and Mark on pitch counts

Even the most optomistic fans have to ask themselves what about this team makes you think they have any chance at the playoffs? Just call the season what it is, and use September to prepare for next year.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 09:28 PM)
They sure as s*** better. We're not gonna have much money for a bullpen which is obviously a glaring, glaring issue. I don't have a clue what we're gonna do there next year.

This we won't have money for anything because of Peavy and Rios is a bit much. We have a lot of money coming off the books over the next 2 years. We will be fine.

We are kind of straddled however due to the fact we have given a guy like Linebrink a 4 year contract. Its not the money, its the fact that he is here for 2 more years.

QUOTE (Hollywood_AU @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 09:30 PM)
It's time to do the wise thing, and finish the season as if we are 20 games back.

-Don't rush Peavy

-Give CQ lots of days off

-Put Danks, Floyd, and Mark on pitch counts

Even the most optomistic fans have to ask themselves what about this team makes you think they have any chance at the playoffs? Just call the season what it is, and use September to prepare for next year.

He's had plenty of days off this season (including September and the playoffs last year). No reason at all to give him time off.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 09:28 PM)

i agree. everyone talks about how good were going to be next year, but we have a lot of questions for next yr. ur right about that pen though. who knows what were guna do with it

Aaaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has been a very trying season, to state the obvious, and I think it is time to start playing some of the kids in hopes of getting them ready for next season--Flowers, maybe a few innings for Hudson, let CJ show what he can do.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 09:32 PM)
i agree. everyone talks about how good were going to be next year, but we have a lot of questions for next yr. ur right about that pen though. who knows what were guna do with it

So we're complaining now that KW went out and landed a proven ace and a 5-tool, GG caliber CF? Newsflash: Guys like that don't come cheap. We're not exactly gonna file for bankruptcy anytime soon. There's a ton of money coming off the books this year. It's not like we need a brand new bullpen. Just another reliable arm or two. Not saying guys like that are easy to find. They're not. But it's doable.

Edited by Jordan4life