9/7 Boston at White Sox 1:05 on CSN

PALM7227

Baseball is such a weird sport. We went 4-4 verus the Bosox in this stretch (not bad) and 3-4 versus the Yankees (not so bad) and yet just because all the losses were on that road trip, we fell so far back.

The timing killed us.

Coming back to kill them 3 of 4 in the Cell is very impressive.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 09:29 PM)
The only player on that list who I am worried about is Rios. I think Alexei will be fine (although he might be better suited back at 2B), Beckham will be fine, Getz is what he is, Q will be fine is he stays healthy, and Nix isn't all that important IMO.

right, but you'd like to see these players finish with a nice line. I'd rather they not tank and finish with like .240 averages.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 01:58 PM)
He's actually had 2 good outings in a row I think.

I didn't get to see either on TV so I can't comment on how he looked.

How did he look aside from the good results??

Came in with a runner on base, induced what could have been a GIDP, and then struck out the next 2.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 03:22 PM)
I'd hate to have the outlook you do. There is no point in even watching sports if you go in with that mindset.

haha oh i love to watch the games right now for Beckham, Getz, Nix, etc etc - and I'm stoked about 2010, but I'm also realistic. I never thought we had a very good shot this year so I haven't had to ride the ups and downs of some of you other folks. Now next year, that'll be a year I'll be optimistic about