9/7 Boston at White Sox 1:05 on CSN

PALM7227

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 02:40 PM)
Of course.....If we don't play really well over this stretch, there's no chance of postseason.

the whole idea that you believe we HAVE a chance just tickles me. But i envy your un-jaded sense of hope.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 02:08 PM)
the whole idea that you believe we HAVE a chance just tickles me. But i envy your un-jaded sense of hope.

We have 6 games left against Detroit....even if we go 5-1 in those games, we have a realistic shot. If we could sweep those games, its almost a dead heat.

To give up when thats the case....I just don't understand.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 03:08 PM)

I'd hate to have the outlook you do. There is no point in even watching sports if you go in with that mindset.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 01:22 PM)
I'd hate to have the outlook you do. There is no point in even watching sports if you go in with that mindset.

You know, it's interesting, even if I think we've fallen too far out to make a serious run at the playoffs, it's still fun to watch your team win a game, or to see hope for the future from guys stepping up or making solid plays. Or Jake Peavy, whatever.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 03:23 PM)
You know, it's interesting, even if I think we've fallen too far out to make a serious run at the playoffs, it's still fun to watch your team win a game, or to see hope for the future from guys stepping up or making solid plays. Or Jake Peavy, whatever.

It's not as fun to watch at times like this where the Sox have no shot at the playoffs, but it's certainly a lot more relaxing.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 09:23 PM)

That's the thing with this year. In 07, I really didn't' mind completely tanking.

But now having a really s***ty September means that players important to our future (Beckham, Getz/Nix , Quentin, Rios, Alexei) are playing badly. In 07 we were so chocked full of awful it didn't matter. I didn't care if Andy Gonzalez/Erstad sucked.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 02:25 PM)
It's not as fun to watch at times like this where the Sox have no shot at the playoffs, but it's certainly a lot more relaxing.

How do you figure that there's no chance at the playoffs? Granted....the odds are against us, but if we 17-7 over the final 24 games and 6 of those wins are against the Tigers, we are in the postseason. Thats not out of the question.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 03:27 PM)
That's the thing with this year. In 07, I really didn't' mind completely tanking.

But now having a really s***ty September means that players important to our future (Beckham, Getz/Nix , Quentin, Rios, Alexei) are playing badly. In 07 we were so chocked full of awful it didn't matter. I didn't care if Andy Gonzalez/Erstad sucked.

The only player on that list who I am worried about is Rios. I think Alexei will be fine (although he might be better suited back at 2B), Beckham will be fine, Getz is what he is, Q will be fine is he stays healthy, and Nix isn't all that important IMO.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
How do you figure that there's no chance at the playoffs? Granted....the odds are against us, but if we 17-7 over the final 24 games and 6 of those wins are against the Tigers, we are in the postseason. Thats not out of the question.

The Sox haven't shown a run like 17-7 (or close to it) against AL competition this entire season, and there is no way in hell we will sweep Detroit in Detroit. Even if we play well against them, 4-2 is more likely, and that won't do a whole hell of a lot of good.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 01:30 PM)
The Sox haven't shown a run like 17-7 (or close to it) against AL competition this entire season, and there is no way in hell we will sweep Detroit in Detroit. Even if we play well against them, 4-2 is more likely, and that won't do a whole hell of a lot of good.

don't underestimate hell

Great sentiment.

Nine games back in the loss column is laughable to even think we have a minute shot, but it's fun to WIN regardless.