14-7

GasHeGone

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 05:33 PM)
my focus is already shifting to the Bears vs. Steelers in week 2. Thank god for football...

I wish I can get more interested in football than I am, but I honestly cannot watch a football game without being bored to tears. :(

The time of the year from November to March, from the end of the baseball postseason till the beginning of Spring Training, is just a boring barren time of the year for me. :(

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 11:16 PM)
My immediate response to that was "yeah, but they were in the super weak NL West"... and then I thought about the Central...

And then you think about the 2009 White Sox' ability to piss away any hint of an opportunity all year to make any sort of run at it, and you come crashing back down to reality.

There, I have allowed my pessimism to manifest itself in words. The math says we're not done, but the brain and heart both say otherwise.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 10:56 PM)
And then you think about the 2009 White Sox' ability to piss away any hint of an opportunity all year to make any sort of run at it, and you come crashing back down to reality.

There, I have allowed my pessimism to manifest itself in words. The math says we're not done, but the brain and heart both say otherwise.

Totally agree and refuse to get excited...yet. However, what you say about the 2009 Sox was just as applicable to the 2007 Rockies. They were done and written off. They had floundered the majority of the season and everyone assumed the Padres had it in the bag. Then Colorado went crazy. Not saying it is likely here, but if the starting five pitch at their highest level while the improved defense continues to hold steady,...ya never know.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 12:04 AM)
Totally agree and refuse to get excited...yet. However, what you say about the 2009 Sox was just as applicable to the 2007 Rockies. They were done and written off. They had floundered the majority of the season and everyone assumed the Padres had it in the bag. Then Colorado went crazy. Not saying it is likely here, but if the starting five pitch at their highest level while the improved defense continues to hold steady,...ya never know.

Who the hell are the starting five these days, anyway??

Kidding. Mostly.

big hill to climb, esp. w/trip to cali to face the angels. And I've only just stopped puking after the last road trip.

Can we fare better on the West coast than we did on the East on that last road trip? The hope is we play to our competition this time. If we plan on making it interesting we really need to sweep the Angels and that will be near impossible unless our starting pitching is lights out. The crazy thing is Detroit is not an intimidating team. That would be cool if the Tigers started to tank.

Seattle isn't that bad a team. The Ms got a better record than we do and are 39-30 at home. LA is 42-26 at home. To make up the kind of ground the Sox have to make up, they'll have to play VERY WELL on the road after the 2-8 trip. The Sox won't get by playing the kind of game they played in those 2 games vs. Oakland. We went 1-6 vs. NY and Boston combined. Then 1-2 versus Minnie.

How will we do against good West teams??

Edited by greg775

If only the Rays didn't suck so much against Detroit. Maybe then I could have actually believed in this team...

It's still doable, but it's on the side of very improbable. In a lot of ways, this team just sucks. Plain and simple.

Gas how old are you? I hope you are an innocent kid 16 or younger cause I was the same way when I was in high school. I'd never give up.

How can you watch tonight's game and still have any hope? How many nights have we had a chance to pick up ground on Detroit and failed? Tons. We are roadkill. It could be worse, though. Lots of teams are worse than .500ish.

Edited by greg775