• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

5-7 since that win over the Cubs.

Losers.

Hope next year it all changes. I'm afraid Oz is gonna be on the hot seat if we don't get off to a good start next year.

Team just drops too many games.

Next year needs to be a different story.

Reinsdorf needs to take control of this situation - top to bottom re-evaluation. Call in Eddie and really take a sobering look.

Can't argue with that.

They might just decide all we need is a fresh start next spring, however. That might be dangerous trotting out Liney again next season.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 07:40 PM)
Reinsdorf needs to take control of this situation - top to bottom re-evaluation. Call in Eddie and really take a sobering look.

Really, I'm not sure this makes sense at all. We've won the division 2 of the last 5 years, have a W.S., have another 90 win team, have a metric ton of young talent some of which is already producing, have more than a few guys on really good contracts, and we've had a handful of people have crap years or get hurt. It happens. This is just silly. A guy or two pops out of their slump and we'd be in first and everyone knows it.

I don't know about that Balta. Another way to look at it is it's a very weak division and we have never even come close to excaping the .500ism.

I guess we can chalk it up to a bad year and start anew in the spring. The hope is we'll magically be a .600, not a .500 team. Not saying it can't happen, but now we have to add closer to our list of possible problems.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 07:46 PM)
I don't know about that Balta. Another way to look at it is it's a very weak division and we have never even come close to excaping the .500ism.

I guess we can chalk it up to a bad year and start anew in the spring. The hope is we'll magically be a .600, not a .500 team.

This is a much better team right now than its record says. And it will be even better soon.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 07:47 PM)
shut buerhle and floyd down. let Hudson and Torres get a few cracks out at it before seasons end. give Flowers some ABs.

Flowers should get more at bats, but Hudson's right up where his innings should have been anyway, so you need to be careful with him. Floyd, yeah that should worry us right nwo since he left yesterdays game.

Not trying to argue with you. I just am not convinced.

Pods, AJ and Paulie ... can they continue this excellence as they continue to age? Dye, Rios? Bobby, Liney?

Bullpen questions.

Not a lot of speed.

Hope Oz can push the right buttons next year. As an Oz lover, I fear for his job if we have a disappointing season again.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 09:40 PM)

Like they did after last season? Did you forget this season started with Josh Fields starting at 3rd?

The standard was set for mediocrity on opening day. They are living up to it. It's sad that the best player might be they guy who was playing college baseball not too long ago.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 07:49 PM)
Not trying to argue with you. I just am not convinced.

Pods, AJ and Paulie ... can they continue this excellence as they continue to age? Dye, Rios? Bobby, Liney?

Bullpen questions.

Not a lot of speed.

Hope Oz can push the right buttons next year. As an Oz lover, I fear for his job if we have a disappointing season again.

This team has more speed already than many teams in the AL. Not even counting Pods...Ramirez, Getz, Rios all have very good speed. Beckham isn't bad. Quentin hasn't been healthy all year but he can certainly score from 1st on a double. We have 3 slow guys in our lineup right now; dye, konerko, AJ. And I'd bet that, although those 3 are really slow...just about every decent team in the AL probably has a similar setup. You don't exactly think of guys like Navarro, Posada, Ortiz, Pena, Matsui, Varitek/Martinez, Lowell, Drew, Guerrero, Morales, Cabrera, Guillen, Ordonez, Mauer, Morneau, as speed burners do you?

Good point on the speed. You make good arguments there.

CQ definitely has to get healthy and not be a .230 hitter.

Little concerned if Pods, AJP and Paulie can repeat these kind of seasons. Maybe they can. We kind of wasted excellent seasons from all of them.

Rios may need a new approach more than a fresh start.

We have to replace Dye and solve the bullpen issues.

If Peavy is a true dominant ace, maybe he'll set the tone for a strong rotation. We shall see.