Dan Hudson to Start VS Twins

ThunderBolt

According to the Trib, the Sox will turn to Dan Hudson to make the 1st of his young career against the Twins. Given the circumstances this is something of a big deal. It's a ballsy move, but i love it.

"Just 15 months ago, Daniel Hudson was finishing up his season at Old Dominion.

On Monday, he pitches the biggest game of the season for the White Sox.

The fifth-round draft choice one year ago in June, Hudson won the job of facing the Twins in a do-or-die week for the Sox because manager Ozzie Guillen likes the way he has pitched in only 5 2/3 innings.

"This is what it's all about, pitching in September in the middle of a pennant push," Hudson said.

At four minor-league levels in his first pro season, Hudson compiled a 14-5 record, and was 7-0 in his last nine starts.

Hudson was chosen over D.J. Carrasco, who is 5-0 with a 2.69 ERA in 18 appearances against the Twins."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,1141916.story

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 20, 2009 -> 11:49 PM)
Some might say you're a dreamer, Tommy. But you're not the only one. I'm with you. Everything's important till the math no longer works in our favor. Till then dream way.

Over the next six games, Hudson, Danks, Buehrle, Peavy, Freddy, and Floyd will retire every batter they face.

And I will go :headbang

QUOTE (tommy @ Sep 20, 2009 -> 11:40 PM)
I understand everyone gave up already but if we managed to sweep the Twins and then Tigers at home, we could end up 1st before the final six game of the season. So I guess it is one of the most important games for the Sox this season.

Go ahead and tell me to keep on dreaming.

see, if you're actually dreaming, then you made this post in your sleep. If you made this post in your sleep, then you need to do something else, because if you can type in your sleep, you need to be putting that to better use.

Keep on dreaming dude. Just post here after you've made zillions of dollars posting in your sleep, and post here when you are actually coherent.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 20, 2009 -> 09:12 PM)
Carrasco also pitched two days ago, so he was out anyway.

I wonder how far into the game they let Hudson go?

Well if he were to pitch against the Sox, at least 8 shut out innings since the Sox can't hit minor league pitching.

QUOTE (tommy @ Sep 20, 2009 -> 11:40 PM)
I understand everyone gave up already but if we managed to sweep the Twins and then Tigers at home, we could end up 1st before the final six game of the season. So I guess it is one of the most important games for the Sox this season.

Go ahead and tell me to keep on dreaming.

That's the thing. We keep looking at Detroit but you have to pass the Twins.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 11:12 AM)
That's the thing. We keep looking at Detroit but you have to pass the Twins.

You actually have to win some games of your own. Considering we haven't even won 1 of the last 4 series there is no signs whatsoever of winning this division. The Tigers are giving it away but the Sox aren't man enough to take it.