**Official Twins vs. Yankees Thread**

Brian

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 09:17 PM)
What call did they blow?

Fair/foul call down the line. Ball was literally fair by probably 6 inches and was called foul, ump was standing right there too. 1st and 2nd nobody outs now though, so if they don't score they will have a hard time blaming the umps, but that was still an all time bad call.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 09:21 PM)
White Sox ball. 3 singles, bases loaded, 0 out.

White sox ball. Still don't score.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 09:26 PM)
And like White Sox ball,Twins prolly don't score here...

Booo.. beat me to it.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 09:21 PM)
White Sox ball. 3 singles, bases loaded, 0 out.

And now it's REALLY White Sox ball, bases loaded, 0 out, 3 singles, 0 runs.

And I'm sure people will say "OMG YANKEES CONSPIRACY!!!!111" and "the ump lost it for the Twins" and all that if the Yankees win, and yes that was one of the worst calls in the history of umpiring/officiating/etc. But Mauer still got on base, the Twins still had the bases loaded 0 out, and they still blew it (and you can't assume the next two batters get on base and the exact same things happen if Mauer's double is properly called). So for once, I will be the anti-conspiracy guy here and say the Twins just blew it there.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 09:27 PM)
And now it's REALLY White Sox ball, bases loaded, 0 out, 3 singles, 0 runs.

And I'm sure people will say "OMG YANKEES CONSPIRACY!!!!111" and "the ump lost it for the Twins" and all that if the Yankees win, and yes that was one of the worst calls in the history of umpiring/officiating/etc. But Mauer still got on base, the Twins still had the bases loaded 0 out, and they still blew it (and you can't assume the next two batters get on base and the exact same things happen if Mauer's double is properly called). So for once, I will be the anti-conspiracy guy here and say the Twins just blew it there.

I actually agree. They had their chance and choked big time. If they lose then they can only blame themselves.