**Official Twins vs. Yankees Thread**

Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 05:45 PM)
Chip Carey just said, "It's hard to believe Phil Hughes is still just 23."

I know Hughes has been awesome out of the pen, but so? Has he done something so great in his career that would lead you to believe he is older? Does he have a bunch of accomplishment under his belt? I don't get it.

His name has been thrown around for like 3 years, so when you consider that it is pretty amazing that he's just 23. Doesn't mean he's accomplished anything big, although I think he's got a shot to be very good and is already a plus reliever.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 8, 2009 -> 04:07 PM)
His name has been thrown around for like 3 years, so when you consider that it is pretty amazing that he's just 23. Doesn't mean he's accomplished anything big, although I think he's got a shot to be very good and is already a plus reliever.

Stop defending Chip Carey! Ban yourself!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 8, 2009 -> 03:14 PM)
This article and accompanying photo made me giggle

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/the-hangover...wins-alds-26394

I'm sure they said, we are throwing Brian Duensing (who?) out there vs. CC in Yankee Stadium...hungover or not we are gonna lose....lets get wasted like we're Miggy Cabrera

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 07:15 PM)
Supposedly tripped while rounding 2nd, got tagged off the base and did so before Delmon Young could score.

Yeah, I saw the replay. I'd have to see it again, but I don't think he looked at the 3rd base coach before rounding the base.

Twins lead 1-0 on a 2 out, RBI triple that I'd be willing to guess at least 2/3 of MLB left fielders catch. Ball is not carrying tonight at all.

And now it's tied. A-Rod with his 3rd two out, RBI single in the first 15 innings of the postseason (2 of them in huge spots). Maybe this is a new A-Rod.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 07:13 PM)
So much for A-Rod not being clutch.

Barry Bonds had a reputation is being not clutch for a very long time. One great postseason later (and they didn't even win the World Series in 2002), and that reputation was gone. Same went for Peyton Manning in the NFL after the 2006 postseason. If A-Rod is smart, he'll realize that one postseason of him playing up to potential leading to a World Series title would get rid of all the crap he's heard since he got there.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 07:32 PM)
kubel, cabrera and span sucking it.

And I wouldn't start calling a-rod clutch just yet.

Oh yeah, he's going to have to do it through an entire postseason which ends up in the World Series before people lay off. But he does have more big hits this postseason than he did the last 3 he participated in combined already.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 07:37 PM)
I'm not, but the whole idea that A-Rod isn't clutch is now and has always been stupid.

There is no such thing as clutch, but there is such a thing as a guy who doesn't perform in big spots, and it's hard to argue with the numbers for A-Rod in the 2005, 2006, and 2007 playoffs. IIRC he hit well in the 2000 and 2004 playoffs though, so it's not like he's NEVER done it.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 07:57 PM)
If I didn't hate the twins, I'd love a guy like nick punto

Ehh his lifetime average is below .250 and he hits for no power. A guy i'd love if I didn't hate the Twins would be Denard Span, very good player. And wow, Rivera gives up an RBI single (inherited runner scores, but still) and it's 3-1 Twinkies in the 8th.