Hmmm...Suppan?

Loaiza21

Do you think with the Pirate firesale we could get Suppan from them? He can't be that bad..as long as we don't give up another Wells, Fogg, and Lowe for another Pirate pitcher. I guess we could unload Brian Cooper for him? Pittsburgh would accept him and cut payroll. You think it'd be a good move?

Anyone think that if we signed either Kolhmeier or Cooper that they could be at all effective in the 5th starter role?  I know Kohlmeier has plenty of big league experience and Cooper has a small bit as well.

They both have been pretty decent in Charlotte, but so had Porzio. Anyway, wasn't Kolhmeier the closer for Baltimore in 2000 or 2001?

They both have been pretty decent in Charlotte, but so had Porzio.  Anyway, wasn't Kolhmeier the closer for Baltimore in 2000 or 2001?

He was the closer in 2000 I believe. He sucks he got his ass kicked down here this winter.

Say no to Suppan

not only suppan, but look at what the pirates gave up, williams and the othre long rp for what. our prospect even at AAA is better than what they got.

kw will never admit when he was wrong as he never admitted he was wrong with clayton. he will not admit he was wrong for the botch trade, nor the signing of white and the trade for brain d.

oh yeah and what a wonderful bat that is.

do you really want to defend his stats?

And your point is what exactly? That Brian shouldn't have been signed? That the Sox needed another year of Jeff Liefer?

you look for bargin in the dumpster and you may find a left over. that is what brian was and is.

a 6 vet sign for 400,000 + a 233 avg and 4 hrs. you do not play him today, and yes kw should have found another batter. i don't care how.

you look for bargin in the dumpster and you may find a left over. that is what brian was and is.

a 6 vet sign for 400,000 + a 233 avg and 4 hrs. you do not play him today, and yes kw should have found another batter. i don't care how.

You don't care how, but would've hammered him on any move he made. Tremendous.

You don't care how, but would've hammered him on any move he made. Tremendous.

who :huh:

kw?

who :huh:

kw?

LDF, you said "yes kw should have found another batter. i don't care how. "

I am telling you, that any trade or signing he would've made other than Daubach, you would've disliked for one of your crazy reasons.

you are full of s*** little one.

i like and gave credit to kw for the colon trade, the roberto trade, and i took back what i said about eloo signing.

actually what i said about him is that i didn't know anything about him and i will wait and see.

so you like kw trades and signing b/c of what, your little naive thoughts?

i like and gave credit to kw for the colon trade, the roberto trade, and i took back what i said about eloo signing.

actually what i said about him is that i didn't know anything about him and i will wait and see.

heh.

You slay me LDF.

"evertt isn't good, they trade mnr lagurs who I liked and BA liked"

You liked the Colon trade, but would now love to see him traded to the Giants. Righto.

The whole point I'm trying to make is that your upset at Williams/Manuel, when it is Daubach who isn't swinging the bat well.

So basically KW is getting blamed because Daubach isn't hitting well. If he were hitting well, KW would be a genius. But since he's not, he's an idiot.

no kw is getting blame for his in ability to get things done in a positive way for the sox, for not getting taken for a ride in any or most trades that he does.

we are eating some huge contract in the last what 3 or 4 yrs b/c he, kw thinks he could be a gm. clayton, botch salary.

kw is the gm and his job is to get talent for the team. looking in the dumpster for cast off is not doing the job. i had this argument with most of you guys in the beginning.

kw is the gm and his job is to get talent for the team. looking in the dumpster for cast off is not doing the job. i had this argument with most of you guys in the beginning.

a castoff like loaiza?

he does have payroll restraints, ya know.

heh.

You slay me LDF.

"evertt isn't good, they trade mnr lagurs who I liked and BA liked"

You liked the Colon trade, but would now love to see him traded to the Giants. Righto.

The whole point I'm trying to make is that your upset at Williams/Manuel, when it is Daubach who isn't swinging the bat well.

i never said i wanted to see colon traded to sfo. what i been saying is why is the rumor still there and what would it take to trade colon. in addition if the trade went down, would people still think that is a white flag trade2. look at the post. if you are going to quote me, quote me correctly.

i am for trading rowand, garland, clee and mags to sd, mont or even pitts, for pitching that can help us now not for tomorrow. mostly sd.

when i see the trade for everett in our favor i will take back what i said. furhtermore, i think we gave way too much for everett. i can see the reasoning for getting him but we gave up too much.

a castoff like loaiza?

he does have payroll restraints, ya know.

and yes he was a castoff. how many teams thought he would do what he has done?

exactly. but kw took a flyer on him anyway. sometimes these things work out, sometimes they don't. but there was little risk involved.

look, you are right in saying KW has f***ed up with a lot of trades in the past. but i can't really blame him for daubach. he was relatively cheap, he was a lefty, he was an upgrade from liefer.