Winter/Spring 2009-10 TV thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 11:06 AM)
I'm going to give "Justified" on FX a chance, the commercials have done enough to draw me in.

Plus I really like the 2 actors that are featured in it. Timothy Olymphant, and then Walton Goggins who was fantastic in the Shield.

Modern Family was hilarious last night. Phil was on his game...

Claire: "That sounds innocent enough. I mean drinks with an ex-girlfriend in an intimate french restaurant..."

Phil: "Honey you're doing that thing where you say what I want you to say, but your tone seems mean"

Denise: "I still have my cheerleader outfit"

Phil: "So do I, but this can't happen"

Phil: "Trust me, I had plenty of fun in my time ... then I met your mom."

Claire: "When did I become this horrible cynical person who assumes the worst about people?"

Phil: "I first noticed it seven years ... you're not!"

Colby on Survivor is weak. They do a competition and the winner gets a choolate feast. Probst offers every player a sample of chocolate. Colby declines it and says he is focused and just wants to get the challenge started. Has a stare down with Probst.

Probst then says that the Heroes team has to sit out a guy.

Colby: "I'll sit."

WTF

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 10:59 PM)
Colby on Survivor is weak. They do a competition and the winner gets a choolate feast. Probst offers every player a sample of chocolate. Colby declines it and says he is focused and just wants to get the challenge started. Has a stare down with Probst.

Probst then says that the Heroes team has to sit out a guy.

Colby: "I'll sit."

WTF

Yeah I was pretty confused by that as well. I was surprised when James got hurt and they didn't let Colby sub in for him.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 11:41 PM)
Yeah I was pretty confused by that as well. I was surprised when James got hurt and they didn't let Colby sub in for him.

Same here. Would of only seemed fair. Unless Colby didn't want to. Ha

QUOTE (3E8 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 10:16 PM)
Was it the one with both Larry David AND Ricky Gervais? I think a televised biography on Hitler would be funny if those two were hosting it

Yes they were on the panel. I was literally crying from laughter at certain parts.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 09:48 PM)
I'm loving Undercover Boss that comes on after the Amazing Race every week. Great stuff. I watched the Real World when I was young, but managed to skip the rest of the reality TV world until I started watching the Amazing Race and now Undercover Boss.

Every episode has a tear-jerking moment for me, but it's getting a little too formulaic.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 09:17 PM)
Every episode has a tear-jerking moment for me, but it's getting a little too formulaic.

I agree with this. I like the show, but if it is the same patter every episode, that it gets redundant. Plus, the owner of Hooters should of fired the one store manager that was degrading the girls.