Sox Adding Winners

Harry Chappas

Last winter Milton Bradley was sold to cub fans as a winner and the guy that was going to show the clubhouse how to win yet Milton had never won anything.....how'd that turn out.

Last year the White Sox showed little resolve in September and a stretch run that looked like a lost ship trying to find direction.

In the last six months captain Stubing (Ozzie Guillen) may have gotten the rutter he needed in the form of an ace and some some players that seem to know how to win and may be able to reinforce the winning mentality that seemed to be lacking with the the 2009 White Sox.

The American League Central division is very winnable right now if this team does what it is capable of doing. The Vizqual, Jones, Kotsay, Peavy and Pierre's of the game may not be the Michael Jordan winners but they all have won and all seem to want to win. These are the guys that should help Guillen do his job which is get his team relaxed and ready to go and push the Ramirez and Rios' to do their job and assist AJ and Konerko in leading this team.

In my mind the sum of the parts equals a whole that looks really good right now....kind of like.......I don't know.....the last six months of 2004.......

Time to go find the Timo Perez bobblehead and get the Journey albums out?........maybe

The starting pitching always would determine if this team wins or not the hitters simply need not go into a late 2009 Jermaine Dye slump and the future looks bright. The big bat that everyone seems to be yearnign for doesn't mean anything if the starting five do not stay healthy or underperform. There is no insulating the team from this unless you have $200M to spend which all but one team do not.

I'm sipping that Kool Aid! We have a long way until the season starts, and I don't want to spend the next 3.5 months gloomy out the outlook. While I do have some reservations, I am generally excited to see what this team can do. And we won't know what that is until they are on the field. If we can get everyone clicking on all cylinders and balancing out slumping players, I think we look to be a balanced team with deep pitching. :gosoxretro: