Projected Sox Batting Order

Chisoxfn

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 09:59 AM)
Congrats Rock on making this place damontalk.com for the next day or so. I also can't see Ozzie not having Pierre leadoff. If anything, Damon would be batting 3rd. For the amount of money he's likely asking for, you might be better off going after more of a slugging type of outfielder (and I know Damon hit a lot of homers last year, but that park was perfect for him).

pierre-Beckham-Damon-Q-Kong-Teahen-Rios-AJ-Alexei?

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 07:59 AM)
Congrats Rock on making this place damontalk.com for the next day or so. I also can't see Ozzie not having Pierre leadoff. If anything, Damon would be batting 3rd. For the amount of money he's likely asking for, you might be better off going after more of a slugging type of outfielder (and I know Damon hit a lot of homers last year, but that park was perfect for him).

I'd love to have Damon lead off and play DH. That said, he's out of our budget.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 10:59 AM)

It doesn't seem that crazy, the Mariners just got Bradley and the Yankees don't seem to be interested in him anymore. The only suitor he seems to have left is San Francisco. If he dropped to 2/18 on his asking price, I could see us inquiring.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 10:18 AM)
1) Pierre - LF

2) Beckham - 2B

3) Quentin - RF/DH

4) Konerko - 1B/DH

5) Rios - CF

6) AJP - C

7) Ramirez - SS

8) Teahen - 3B/1B/DH

9) Kotsay/Jones- DH/OF

This seems like the most likely best-case scenario Guillen lineup, with the possibility of Beckham and Ramirez being flipped. What I really like is Teahen and the rotating DH spot in the last two spots of the order. They should not be higher unless they prove they can be productive. However, I honestly see Guillen shifting the DH position in various spots of the lineup depending on who's playing that day.

It also shows how perfect a left-handed power bat would fit into the cleanup spot. It's a damn shame if KW doesn't find this player, because the lineup could be pretty solid with a legit cleanup hitter IMO.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 02:32 PM)
Alexei Ramirez in the 2 hole last season...

.281/.343/.422/.765

That looks like plate discipline and a bit of power. I'd be perfectly fine with that in the 2-hole.

I also don't think people realize that Ramirez walked 49 times last year. He wasn't that undisciplined.

also, historically the #2 hitter sees a lot of fastballs which is exactly what Alexei needs.

QUOTE (League @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 11:44 AM)
It doesn't seem that crazy, the Mariners just got Bradley and the Yankees don't seem to be interested in him anymore. The only suitor he seems to have left is San Francisco. If he dropped to 2/18 on his asking price, I could see us inquiring.

Supposedly, his asking price is 2 years at $10mil per season, so he wouldn't have to come down very far at all.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 09:46 AM)
Damon DH

Beckham 2B

Quentin RF

Konerko 1B

Rios CF

AJP C

Teahen 3B

Alexei SS

Pierre LF

I kind of like it, but I think I'd prefer an IF for the last piece of the offseason. I feel like we have 6 OFs on the current 25 roster... Pierre, Rios, Quentin, Jones, Kotsay, Teahen (yes, i know he is our 3B, but he could play OF).

QUOTE (Mattchoo @ Dec 19, 2009 -> 09:22 AM)
I kind of like it, but I think I'd prefer an IF for the last piece of the offseason. I feel like we have 6 OFs on the current 25 roster... Pierre, Rios, Quentin, Jones, Kotsay, Teahen (yes, i know he is our 3B, but he could play OF).

Kotsay probably isn't viewed as an OF although he can still play there and do a decent job when asked. His primary role is LH hitter off the bench and backup 1B. He's not even listed as an OF on the White Sox website any longer (not that it means anything). It's not likely that Teahen sees any time in the OF for the Sox, so really they'd be carrying four OF (Pierre, Jones, Rios, and Q).

I think the lineup will consist of Andruw Jones Rotating with Carlos & Juan Pierre at DH. Kotsay will play 1b & let Paulie play DH some. Kotsay can still play right field & left field. I doubt that the sox will put him in center. Kotsay will play some right field against a tough righties & Carlos will DH.

It is my opinion, that this year will be a rotating DH for 4 reasons:

1. Keep Carlos Fresh

2. See if Paulie can be the DH for the future

3. Try to keep Juan Pierre's arm out of the equation. (Andruw Jones will be in LF & the end of alot of games this year)

4. Interleague play-more Pinch hitters that can sub in at a position. Plus a loss of a 7 or 8 hitter doesn't hurt as much in national league ball parks.

My projected Line-up:

1 Pierre- LF

2 Rios-CF

3 Bacon- 2B

4 Carlos-RF

5 AjP- C

6 Paulie 1B

7 Jones/Kotsay- DH

8 Teahen- 3B

9 Ramirez- SS

* If Rios hits well, he could bat 3rd, TCQ 4th, Pierre 1st, Bacon 2nd, AJP 5th, Paulie 6th & so on. If doesn't hit, Ozzie will have him batting 8 or 9th.

Not everyday Lineup, but a line up against tough righties:

1 Pierre-LF (Lefty)

2 Bacon-2B

3Aj-c (Lefty)

4Carlos- DH

5 Kotsay RF (Lefty)

6 Rios-CF

7 Visquel-3B (Lefty-switch)

8 Ramirez-SS

9 Teahen-1B (Lefty)