Technology catch-all thread

iamshack

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 4, 2010 -> 02:41 PM)
Despite its huge size, it is pretty awesome. The screen needs to play some catch up however. I've always liked sprints network though.

It may be "huge" but for some reason it feels fine in my pocket and seems to take up less space than the Palm Pre. That's probably because it's so slim.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 4, 2010 -> 02:47 PM)
It may be "huge" but for some reason it feels fine in my pocket and seems to take up less space than the Palm Pre. That's probably because it's so slim.

Palm's are notoriously huge as well. I dont think its an issue for most people anyway these days since our phones seem to be glued to our hands 99 percent of the time.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 4, 2010 -> 02:20 PM)
So true. I was just in SF last weekend for vacation and my iphone 3g literally wouldnt be able to render web pages or download emails fully. It was AWFUL. Here in Chicago I really dont have many problems with ATT much.

Anyway I just upgraded my iphone 3gs to an iphone 4 and its amazing how much brighter and clearer the screen is if you place them next to each other. Truly unreal.

Are you serious? I was in SF last weekend as well....crap

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 4, 2010 -> 09:23 PM)
I've always heard SF and NYC's ATT networks are notoriously awful.

My service seemed to be completely fine. I didn't experience any problems at all, and I was using my phone for everything, as my hotel did not have free wi-fi for my iPad.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 4, 2010 -> 02:47 PM)

I checked one out last night at the Sprint store and it had the extended battery on it. He was saying if you're getting 4G it really hammers the battery. Anyway...it seemed uncomfortably large with that battery. Anyone here use that?

Edited by Controlled Chaos

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Nov 5, 2010 -> 10:17 AM)
I checked one out last night and the Sprint store had the extended battery on it. He was saying if you're getting 4G it really hammers the battery. Anyway...it seemed uncomfortably large with that battery. Anyone here use that?

No. That thing is ridiculous.

I need to DL an app to change my home icons (I played with Launcher Pro last night, but I think I have to pay for Launcher Pro Plus so I can change the size of icones), I’ll be doing that this weekend, but here’s what we’re looking like right now. I like the clock/weather I dl’d.

5148362891_60c29f3667_b.jpg

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Nov 5, 2010 -> 10:17 AM)
I checked one out last night at the Sprint store and it had the extended battery on it. He was saying if you're getting 4G it really hammers the battery. Anyway...it seemed uncomfortably large with that battery. Anyone here use that?

No. There's a widget you can simply press to turn 4G on/off. If you get the Evo just google battery life and tune it per the recommendations. You'll be okay unless you're a really heavy user.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 5, 2010 -> 11:01 AM)
I need to DL an app to change my home icons (I played with Launcher Pro last night, but I think I have to pay for Launcher Pro Plus so I can change the size of icones), I’ll be doing that this weekend, but here’s what we’re looking like right now. I like the clock/weather I dl’d.

5148362891_60c29f3667_b.jpg

\

I have an EVO, and that looks amazing. Would you be willing to share it?