Republican 2012 Nomination Thread

Texsox

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Nov 5, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
the likely scenario is that news agencies refused to pay for the story, therefore she has decided to remain anon. this looks more and more like a frivolous suit filed for financial gain. if she can't make enough money on this, she doesn't want the scrutiny of going public.

:lolhitting

Seriously, that's just ludicrous. Multiple independent cases, things people don't want to dredge up, sexist pigs who judge that the accuser is just coming forward again for money or that the accuser doesn't want to dredge things up because of money.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 5, 2011 -> 01:12 PM)

Seriously, that's just ludicrous. Multiple independent cases, things people don't want to dredge up, sexist pigs who judge that the accuser is just coming forward again for money or that the accuser doesn't want to dredge things up because of money.

you can make all the personal attacks you want. obviously money is the driving issue. there are also elements of racism.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Nov 5, 2011 -> 02:17 PM)
you can make all the personal attacks you want. obviously money is the driving issue. there are also elements of racism.

I think that you're the racist here, you just dislike the white person. It makes as much sense as assuming you know those people's motives.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 5, 2011 -> 01:18 PM)

I think that you're the racist here, you just dislike the white person. It makes as much sense as assuming you know those people's motives.

Balta, the days of prosecuting a black man for merely looking in the direction of a white women are over. you need to accept this and change your racist ways.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Nov 5, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)
Balta, the days of prosecuting a black man for merely looking in the direction of a white women are over. you need to accept this and change your racist ways.

I see, so the obvious assumption is that Herman Cain would only ever be accused of harassment by a white woman.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Nov 5, 2011 -> 03:06 PM)
no, you said she was white. i'm sure any one can accuse someone of something.

No, I said you dislike the white person because you're disagreeing with me. It's the same logic you used to assume that anyone thinking Cain could have legitimately sexually harassed a woman has a racial element to it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 5, 2011 -> 02:11 PM)
No, I said you dislike the white person because you're disagreeing with me. It's the same logic you used to assume that anyone thinking Cain could have legitimately sexually harassed a woman has a racial element to it.

ah i see. but all criticism of Obama is somehow 'racially motivated'. very confusing!

and pretty clearly, it's going to be a while before this goes away

Herman Cain faced a new claim of sexually inappropriate behavior Monday as a Chicago woman told reporters the former head of the National Restaurant Association groped her after a dinner together in 1997.

Sharon Bialek, who worked at the restaurant group's eduction foundation until shortly before the alleged groping incident, said Cain unexpectedly put his hand beneath her skirt and between her legs "toward my genitals." She also said he pushed her head toward his crotch.

Cain stopped when she protested, Bialek told a news conference.

Looking into the television cameras, Bialek said: "I want you, Mr. Cain, to come clean. Just admit what you did."

The accusation follows the disclosure last week that the restaurant association provided payments to two women who left the group after alleging sexual harassment by Cain, also in the late 1990s.

Cain has denied all accusations of sexual harassment, and his campaign put out a fresh denial after Bialek made her accusations on Monday.

"Bialek said she didn’t file a complaint against Cain at the time because she was no longer employed at the NRA. But she said she felt compelled to speak publicly “on behalf of all women who are sexually harassed in the workforce but do not come out because of retaliation or public humiliation.”

“I really didn’t want to be here today and wouldn’t have been here if it had not been for the three other women who have alleged sexual harassment against Mr. Cain,” she said, adding that she wanted Cain to “come clean.”

“Just admit what you did,” Bialek said. “Admit you were inappropriate to people. And then move forward.”

Translation: "I didn't really want to do this, until someone handed me 20k to make this press conference."

What a joke. I also liked how she phrased what happened to her. In a prepared statement written by attorneys, her first "response" to Cain physically touching her wasn't "hey what are you doing?! You can't do that!" It was "hey, you know I have a boyfriend."

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 04:15 PM)
It's true, all claims of sexual harassment from women are really just money-grabbing attempts from tramps, and their protestations better be immediate screams of anguish and assault otherwise it's BS.

Be sarcastic all you want. The timing of this is incredibly suspect. Just wait until she's on Nancy Grace to further "the cause."

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 06:24 PM)
Be sarcastic all you want. The timing of this is incredibly suspect. Just wait until she's on Nancy Grace to further "the cause."

Yes, it is suspect that people would start doing background checks on a guy surging to the top of one party's nomination polling and publishing things within a month or so of the start of his surge.

By "Suspect" i'd assume you mean "Completely normal and expected." Rev. Wright also agrees.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 04:53 PM)
Translation: "I didn't really want to do this, until someone handed me 20k to make this press conference."

What a joke. I also liked how she phrased what happened to her. In a prepared statement written by attorneys, her first "response" to Cain physically touching her wasn't "hey what are you doing?! You can't do that!" It was "hey, you know I have a boyfriend."

Basically she's alleging sexual assault. The story doesn't seem all that believable to me, on its surface, but after two confirmed financial settlements because of this kind of matter - you gotta wonder if there is a fire under all that smoke.

It's no tiger suit picture, but this thing just keeps growing.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 05:24 PM)

Really? Perry enters the race, his campaign uncovers some issues with another candidate and tips off reporters who then report on it. Should Perry have maybe done the research before announcing he was running? What is so suspicious about Perry tipping them off when he did?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)

You are so right. Any attorney would have told her that saying hey you can't do that would have been better for a lawsuit. Damn, maybe she just wanted him to stop? Crazy.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 05:26 PM)
Yes, it is suspect that people would start doing background checks on a guy surging to the top of one party's nomination polling and publishing things within a month or so of the start of his surge.

By "Suspect" i'd assume you mean "Completely normal and expected." Rev. Wright also agrees.

I dunno where you're getting this. I'm talking about this woman specifically and her pretty questionable claims. Not people looking into his past.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 05:46 PM)
Basically she's alleging sexual assault. The story doesn't seem all that believable to me, on its surface, but after two confirmed financial settlements because of this kind of matter - you gotta wonder if there is a fire under all that smoke.

It's no tiger suit picture, but this thing just keeps growing.

Settlements mean absolutely nothing. It's ten times cheaper to pay someone off than to take a case through trial. I do it all the time. Unfortunately that's the way our justice system works.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 08:31 PM)
Settlements mean absolutely nothing. It's ten times cheaper to pay someone off than to take a case through trial. I do it all the time. Unfortunately that's the way our justice system works.

Do you have a client who keeps getting accused of the same thing by different people who don't know each other or about other settlements?

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 07:48 PM)
You are so right. Any attorney would have told her that saying hey you can't do that would have been better for a lawsuit. Damn, maybe she just wanted him to stop? Crazy.

No, but that's the point. Her instinctual response to such an "unwelcome" and "offensive" act would have been to say "wtf? get off me!" not remind the guy that she's got a boyfriend.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 05:24 PM)

What is suspect about the timing? How is this a grab for money? What reason do we have to distrust her?

I'm not saying I immediately believe her claims, but given what's been coming out I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt.