Republican 2012 Nomination Thread

Texsox

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 08:35 PM)
No, but that's the point. Her instinctual response to such an "unwelcome" and "offensive" act would have been to say "wtf? get off me!" not remind the guy that she's got a boyfriend.

I'm glad you know the "correct" reaction everyone who is sexually harassed should have.

It's generally an exploitation of power situation, people can be sexually harassed or even raped even if they don't put on a strong resistance at the time of the incident.

Edited by StrangeSox

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 08:34 PM)
Do you have a client who keeps getting accused of the same thing by different people who don't know each other or about other settlements?

Indeed I do. People with money. People who own businesses (in my case bar/restaurants/night clubs) People in positions of power. Happens every single day. Go check the Northern District (Federal Court) website for sex harassment/discrimination claims. Especially against a big employer like the City. You'll see a trend.

Not trying to diminish these claims or people who have legitimate claims generally. But you guys are smart, how are you not seeing how questionable this lady is? A couple of anonymous claims come out, and then she feels compelled to break her silence and pile on? And there's no ulterior motive? She just wants to do it for the good of all women? Come on...

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 08:39 PM)
Indeed I do. People with money. People who own businesses (in my case bar/restaurants/night clubs) People in positions of power. Happens every single day. Go check the Northern District (Federal Court) website for sex harassment/discrimination claims. Especially against a big employer like the City. You'll see a trend.

Not trying to diminish these claims or people who have legitimate claims generally. But you guys are smart, how are you not seeing how questionable this lady is? A couple of anonymous claims come out, and then she feels compelled to break her silence and pile on? And there's no ulterior motive? She just wants to do it for the good of all women? Come on...

What's her ulterior motive? What is so shocking that, when a story becomes a national news item, you might feel compelled to speak up about your own experience of being sexually harassed by this creepy man?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 08:40 PM)
What's her ulterior motive? What is so shocking that, when a story becomes a national news item, you might feel compelled to speak up about your own experience of being sexually harassed by this creepy man?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 08:47 PM)
It's a way of highlighting some the serious problems I have with your posts.

Lol, ok man. I forgot everyone is honorable and trustworthy in what they do....unless you're a white person with money who votes Republican.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 08:51 PM)
Lol, ok man. I forgot everyone is honorable and trustworthy in what they do....unless you're a white person with money who votes Republican.

Tell me more about how you know what her "instinctual response" to being groped should be and how any other reaction proves she's just a in it for the benjamins.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 08:55 PM)
Tell me more about how you know what her "instinctual response" to being groped should be and how any other reaction proves she's just a in it for the benjamins.

I've explained my opinion. It's the timing that makes it more suspect. And yes, her reaction makes her less credible. Explain to me why someone comes out of nowhere to pile on at a press conference headlined by a hollywood attorney? The goodness of her heart?

Again, I'll enjoy her morning show/day time talk show circuit to talk about these claims. I'm sure she's doing that for nothing. I'm sure it's all about exposing the Monster Cain. GMAFB.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 09:00 PM)
I accept your apology for claiming to know what her "instinctual response" should be.

She was probably asking for it, anyway.

I accept your apology for being willfully ignorant about questioning this woman's motives.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 09:31 PM)
Settlements mean absolutely nothing. It's ten times cheaper to pay someone off than to take a case through trial. I do it all the time. Unfortunately that's the way our justice system works.

I could begrudgingly get with this if it was one settlement. Unfortunately, its not. It's becoming a pattern of behavior apparently, and Cain's inability to handle his scandal makes me think that there is a lot of this behavior that he's embarrassed about.

When you deny whatever comes out, and gradually over the week, you basically prove the story right while still sort of denying it, you lead me to question your honesty in this matter.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 09:06 PM)
I could begrudgingly get with this if it was one settlement. Unfortunately, its not. It's becoming a pattern of behavior apparently, and Cain's inability to handle his scandal makes me think that there is a lot of this behavior that he's embarrassed about.

When you deny whatever comes out, and gradually over the week, you basically prove the story right while still sort of denying it, you lead me to question your honesty in this matter.

Well there's no doubt he's a terrible politician. But my posts are specifically about this woman, not about Cain being totally innocent.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 08:41 PM)
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

How else should Cain have been disciplined? We have a system in this country of jail and fines for criminal and financial rewards for civil. That's our system. WHat alternative would have suggested?

This reminds me of the case where a woman was about to be raped and asked the rapist to use a condom, which the slut had in her nightstand. The defense claimed it made it consensual because her reaction was trying to avoid getting AIDS or pregnant.

The Daily has identified one of the accusers

Karen Kraushaar, a 55-year-old former journalist and seasoned government spokeswoman who served on the front lines of the Elian Gonzalez custody battle, is a competitive equestrian and lover of golden retrievers. She has been married for more than two decades.

“She wouldn’t be the type to make false allegations,” brother-in-law Ned Kraushaar, a Georgia software consultant, told The Daily. “This happened [more than] 10 years ago. It’s not like she wanted to try and hurt the Republican Party.”

http://www.suntimes.com/8592168-417/sneed-...-month-ago.html

They hugged each other backstage in a full embrace like old friends.

She grabbed his arm and whispered in his left ear.

She kept talking as he bent to listen, and he kept saying “Uh, huh. Uh, huh.”

Huh?

“I don’t know if what she was giving him was a sucker punch, but he didn’t put his arm down while she was talking to him,” said the Sneed source.

Turns out Bialek hugged Cain a month ago. Pretty common for victims of sexual harassment or sexual assault to be all buddy-buddy with their harasser. Makes sense.