Republican 2012 Nomination Thread

Texsox

QUOTE (Reddy @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 11:41 AM)
to be completely fair, that race did not include Michelle Bachmann, Rick Perry and Herman I-Dont-Know-A-Damn-Thing-About-Politics Cain

do you seriously believe any of those three are even CAPABLE of running a country?

you can disagree with a candidate's politics but still see them as a legitimate candidate. For example, I am against most of the things Mitt Romney is for - however, when I see him speak, he at least looks "presidential". Guy can command a room and speak with authority and has an understanding of all the issues. John Kerry, John Edwards, Howard Dean, Gen. Wes Clark, Dick Gephardt, Bob Graham, Dennis Kucinich, Al Sharpton, Joe Lieberman. Of those, sure a few were fringe candidates who had no shot of winning, but every single one of them understood politics, understood the issues, and none of them were the executive of a frickin' PIZZA company. And they all remembered their speaking points, and they all knew where Syria was on a map.

The GOP has taken this ridiculous turn for the worse, and is putting out complete idiots as legitimate candidates, just to appeal to the complete idiots who make up their party. "Oh gee golly wiz, s/he is just like me! she forgets stuff too!"

Sorry, I don't want someone who's "just like" billy bob from the bayou of Louisiana running our damn country. I just don't.

While I agree that about half the current GOP are lunatics who should not even be in the discussion... and I agree that the GOP has been intentionally appealing to the less-than-genius crowd... you have gone way, way over the top. I mean, let's start with, the guy you wanted in 2008 if I remember was the sleazy used car salesman who was cheating on his cancer-ridden wife. And Graham, Sharpton and Dean were all indeed looney toons. So get off your high horse here, and take off the liberal-colored glasses for a second.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compared to the headwinds Obama has now, Bush in 2004 should have looked like a shoo-in. 2 years off of 90% approval ratings, legitimate "Wartime" president with seeming actual victories to his name, 5.4% unemployment rate.

Yet, if the Dems put a canidate who didn't put the audience to sleep, they would have won. Outside of hard-core GOPers, I didn't see anyone that was all that excited about a Bush 2nd term. Esp, after that whole Mission accomplished, whoops no WMDs scandal came out.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 12:56 PM)
I'm sorry, but, your current, weird rant on this makes no sense. You are upset because no one happened to post a specific newspaper endorsement of a candidate today? And, somehow, this is something about liberal bias or something? Could you explain what you are trying to get at here? Because right now it comes off as entirely incoherent.

The whole point of this thread was to paint the GOP in the worst possible light, which was my statement from the beginning. Only negative stories get posted. The idea was to have talk about the GOP candidates not completely by people who are actively working to see them fail. Instead that is exactly what this thread turned into.

I'm sorry SS but have you suddenly forgotten how to post something? I haven't paid attention to a newspaper's endorsement in ages, so I didn't consider it bad news for my candidate. And how do you call it "good news"?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
While I agree that about half the current GOP are lunatics who should not even be in the discussion... and I agree that the GOP has been intentionally appealing to the less-than-genius crowd... you have gone way, way over the top. I mean, let's start with, the guy you wanted in 2008 if I remember was the sleazy used car salesman who was cheating on his cancer-ridden wife. And Graham, Sharpton and Dean were all indeed looney toons. So get off your high horse here, and take off the liberal-colored glasses for a second.

you mean Newt Gingrich?

The whole point of this thread was to paint the GOP in the worst possible light, which was my statement from the beginning. Only negative stories get posted. The idea was to have talk about the GOP candidates not completely by people who are actively working to see them fail. Instead that is exactly what this thread turned into.

Or, the candidates are so bad, that is all that is getting reported on them? Do you honestly look at the field and go.. yes, this guy/or crazy women is perfect to lead this country.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 02:51 PM)
Stop whining and post stories that interest you.

haha SS should "occupy" this thread! take it back from the bad guys who stole it from you.

Edited by Reddy

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 01:51 PM)
I'm sorry SS but have you suddenly forgotten how to post something? I haven't paid attention to a newspaper's endorsement in ages, so I didn't consider it bad news for my candidate. And how do you call it "good news"?

I haven't forgotten that this is just more of the same old crap.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 01:50 PM)

So you can post this but not positive stories? I've posted plenty of positive stories about Perry and guess who criticized them the fastest? Kap, one of the liberal posters.

This race has been about candidates surging to the lead then falling back. As much as I would have prefered we not talk about Perry forgetting the third department, it is relevant. It was his mistake. The people who came forward about Cain, wasn't anyone's fault here, but we rightfully talked about it. Cain coming up with his 9-9-9 tax plan from playing a video game is something to talk about.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)
Sure. If people stop pretending that this thread ever actually was intended to discuss the GOP Nomination.

I started the thread as a catch all for the nomination, if anyone here knows why the thread was started it is me and it was not to bash candidates. It also wasn't meant as a cheerleading platform.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/28412...-katrina-trinko

BTW, Major endorsement for Perry. Of the front runners, I like Perry's immigration plan the best. It is nice to even far right conservatives will endorse him.

Arizona’s Sheriff Arpaio to Endorse Perry

November 26, 2011 8:35 P.M. By Katrina Trinko icon_feed_twit_20p.jpg icon_e-mail_15x13.jpg[/size]Rick Perry, who has been criticized harshly for his no heart comment regarding those who oppose in-state tuition rates for illegal immigrants, is getting an unexpected boost on the immigrant front. From ABC News Arlette Saenz:

S
heriff Joe Arpaio, the
s
heriff
of Maricopa County, Ariz., who call
s
him
s
elf
America
s
Toughe
s
t
S
heriff,
will endor
s
e Texa
s
Gov. Ric
k
Perry next wee
k
, a
s
ource with
k
nowledge of the endor
s
ement told
ABC
New
s

Arpaio e
s
pou
s
e
s
a hard-line
s
tance on illegal immigration, leading raid
s
to round up and jail illegal immigrant
s
, and wa
s
a major proponent of the controver
s
ial Arizona immigration law. Perry ha
s
s
po
k
en with Arpaio
s
everal time
s
over the phone
s
ince entering the pre
s
idential race.

Arpaio, a much
s
ought after endor
s
ement in the GOP field, plan
s
to campaign with Perry in New Hamp
s
hire next wee
k
, the
s
ource
s
aid.

Michele Bachmann was among those who courted Arpaio. In the last election cycle, Arpaio endorsed Mitt Romney, who has harshly criticized Perry for his immigration views.

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
So you can post this but not positive stories? I've posted plenty of positive stories about Perry and guess who criticized them the fastest? Kap, one of the liberal posters.

This race has been about candidates surging to the lead then falling back. As much as I would have prefered we not talk about Perry forgetting the third department, it is relevant. It was his mistake. The people who came forward about Cain, wasn't anyone's fault here, but we rightfully talked about it. Cain coming up with his 9-9-9 tax plan from playing a video game is something to talk about.

Don't hand me the Perry crap. Please do not insult me like that.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/28412...-katrina-trinko

BTW, Major endorsement for Perry. Of the front runners, I like Perry's immigration plan the best. It is nice to even far right conservatives will endorse him.

What about it do you like?

For the record, IMO all the GOP plans are garbarge that don't deal with "the problem".

Edited by VictoryMC98

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
Don't hand me the Perry crap. Please do not insult me like that.

I've been talking up Perry as my favorite GOP candidate for two years. Y'all told me no way he'll even run. Immigration is a hot issue with me, name another GOP candidate that has a position more in line with mine? Name another GOP candidate that is pro balanced budget, even willing to tax people to get there? Which GOP candidate would be a better fit with my views? Newt? :lolhitting Romney? :lolhitting

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 02:12 PM)
I've been talking up Perry as my favorite GOP candidate for two years. Y'all told me no way he'll even run. Immigration is a hot issue with me, name another GOP candidate that has a position more in line with mine? Name another GOP candidate that is pro balanced budget, even willing to tax people to get there? Which GOP candidate would be a better fit with my views? Newt? :lolhitting Romney? :lolhitting

Yeah, you have been talking about Perry for two years now, that is for sure...

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 02:12 PM)
What about it do you like?

For the record, IMO all the GOP plans are garbarge that don't deal with "the problem".

Not sending them back. Educating the children of illegals, just like everyone else. Working towards legal status.