Republican 2012 Nomination Thread

Texsox

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)
Yeah, you have been talking about Perry for two years now, that is for sure...

Name another GOP candidate that would be more in line with my beliefs? On the GOP side I have supported McCain and Perry. Both are better matched with my views than the others. Or as close as a Rep can get.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 01:50 PM)
The whole point of this thread was to paint the GOP in the worst possible light, which was my statement from the beginning. Only negative stories get posted. The idea was to have talk about the GOP candidates not completely by people who are actively working to see them fail. Instead that is exactly what this thread turned into.

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 01:51 PM)
I'm sorry SS but have you suddenly forgotten how to post something? I haven't paid attention to a newspaper's endorsement in ages, so I didn't consider it bad news for my candidate. And how do you call it "good news"?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)
Sure. If people stop pretending that this thread ever actually was intended to discuss the GOP Nomination.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 01:51 PM)
Stop whining and post stories that interest you.

SS2K5, take a look at the above. I'm calling you out - you have b****ed and moaned that all there is in this thread is negativity towards candidates. Well first, how about actually posting something else then? I have yet to see you come out and say anything positive about any candidates either, so apparently you are exactly the same as the people you are mad at. It is hypocritical, pure and simple.

Also, I take issue with your statement that this thread was created for the purpose of tearing down candidates. This thread was created because we're in the middle of a f***ing nomination process for President, and this is a f***ing political forum. It is, most of the time, going to be the biggest subject - how could you possibly say it is a bad thing to have a thread for it?

And look around you in this forum - not sure if you noticed, but probably 90% of the posts in ANY thread are negative about someone or something. If you want to change that, than change that. Heck I've posted positive things about at least 3 or 4 candidates, just in this thread. And I usually get torn for it, so if anyone is aware of the negativity, it is me. But don't go telling me you hate that it is all negative, when I don't see you doing anything about it.

Instead of making vague, passive aggresive, empty posts about some perceived slight, maybe you can try to change the mood yourself. Who is your candidate? Why do you like him or her? What do they bring to the table others don't? What do others say that is good about them?

We're all waiting.

Speaking of a passive aggressive move, I don't have to pass some kind of a cheerleader test to be able to call this thread what it is. Turning this around on who I support doesn't change anything here. All it does to to legitimize that this thread has been pretty much been against all of those filibuster rules that were created to prevent exactly this thread.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 03:30 PM)
Speaking of a passive aggressive move, I don't have to pass some kind of a cheerleader test to be able to call this thread what it is. Turning this around on who I support doesn't change anything here. All it does to to legitimize that this thread has been pretty much been against all of those filibuster rules that were created to prevent exactly this thread.

hahaha - sorry, poking my head back out from under my rock - but don't you see that now you're contributing to the very thing you're saying is wrong with the thread? If you don't want to be negative, then stop being negative about the thread, and post something positive about the guy you're backing. Take the initiative bro! you're just continuing the spiral

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 02:30 PM)

Complete B.S. First, there was nothing passive in my aggressive post - I was being up front from the beginning, instead of playing some sort of game. Second, you are saying that the negative nature of the thread sucks, and yet, all you have contributed is negativity to it. And wanting the discussion to go away, apparently.

This thread has been a combination of news and discussion of the candidates. Most of it has been negative. Want to change that? Do so by contributing something to the discussion, instead of just complaining about it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)
Sure. If people stop pretending that this thread ever actually was intended to discuss the GOP Nomination.

Pointing out ridiculous and crazy things that are forming the core of the GOP nomination process is discussing the GOP Nomination.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 02:55 PM)
Complete B.S. First, there was nothing passive in my aggressive post - I was being up front from the beginning, instead of playing some sort of game. Second, you are saying that the negative nature of the thread sucks, and yet, all you have contributed is negativity to it. And wanting the discussion to go away, apparently.

This thread has been a combination of news and discussion of the candidates. Most of it has been negative. Want to change that? Do so by contributing something to the discussion, instead of just complaining about it.

To suggest that I, or seemingly anyone else, have to atone for the behavior of others is just silly, and it misses the point entirely. This thread has never been about an honest discussion of the GOP candidates here. Even the replies to this argument mainly have been about what idiots the GOP is, like that is an accepted fact, and therefore OK, even though it violates all of the supposed forum rules. That has been my point since the day this thread started.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 03:08 PM)
Pointing out ridiculous and crazy things that are forming the core of the GOP nomination process is discussing the GOP Nomination.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 03:13 PM)
To suggest that I, or seemingly anyone else, have to atone for the behavior of others is just silly, and it misses the point entirely. This thread has never been about an honest discussion of the GOP candidates here. Even the replies to this argument mainly have been about what idiots the GOP is, like that is an accepted fact, and therefore OK, even though it violates all of the supposed forum rules. That has been my point since the day this thread started.

Case in point.

This is a thread to discuss the GOP nomination. That includes negative things. There have been many negative things because this field is a joke. No one has stopped you or Alpha or kap or anyone else from posting things you find interesting. Instead you sit back, contribute nothing positive and then whine when the liberal posters on this site use a thread about the GOP nomination to point out negative stories about the GOP nomination.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 02:30 PM)
Turning this around on who I support doesn't change anything here.

So what do you want in this thread and we'll try and deliver it for you. Perhaps we should be more like the candidates themselves and just point out each candidate's strengths and never discuss a candidate's weaknesses.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 03:16 PM)
This is a thread to discuss the GOP nomination. That includes negative things. There have been many negative things because this field is a joke. No one has stopped you or Alpha or kap or anyone else from posting things you find interesting. Instead you sit back, contribute nothing positive and then whine when the liberal posters on this site use a thread about the GOP nomination to point out negative stories about the GOP nomination.

Please. Tell me if I trolled the Dems thread on a daily basis, I wouldn't get the same exact response.

And as to the bolded, THAT IS THE WHOLE PROBLEM. That is entirely what this thread is about, and why it was created.

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 03:16 PM)
So what do you want in this thread and we'll try and deliver it for you. Perhaps we should be more like the candidates themselves and just point out each candidate's strengths and never discuss a candidate's weaknesses.

Yes, that it is totally it Tex. I want a total cheerleading thread. Not something in between. It has to be the extreme.

Atone? I said no such thing. I said maybe you should try posting what you expect others to. Instead, you provide only the negativity you say you dislike.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
Case in point.

Hey look, a liberal who thinks badly of the GOP! Why is this a problem? You don't like it, try either ignoring it, or responding with a case as to why they are not crazy. In my view, some of them are crazy, others are not. No different than the Dem field would be if it were open.

So are you going to try to have the sort of discussion you want? Or just complain that it doesn't exist?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 03:30 PM)
Atone? I said no such thing. I said maybe you should try posting what you expect others to. Instead, you provide only the negativity you say you dislike.

Hey look, a liberal who thinks badly of the GOP! Why is this a problem? You don't like it, try either ignoring it, or responding with a case as to why they are not crazy. In my view, some of them are crazy, others are not. No different than the Dem field would be if it were open.

So are you going to try to have the sort of discussion you want? Or just complain that it doesn't exist?

That isn't true at all. The biggest issue in the 2008 Dem election discussions was Kaps insistence that Hillary was going to catch Obama.

And as to the discussion, if this is the thread that we are going to have, and I am apparently the only one who feels that way, the Dems can have it. Just at least do the decency of renaming it to reflect the discussion, or at least deleting the forums rules to reflect the changes in the filibuster.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 03:24 PM)
Please. Tell me if I trolled the Dems thread on a daily basis, I wouldn't get the same exact response.

And as to the bolded, THAT IS THE WHOLE PROBLEM. That is entirely what this thread is about, and why it was created.

This thread is about whatever people who post in the thread make it about.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 03:34 PM)
That isn't true at all. The biggest issue in the 2008 Dem election discussions was Kaps insistence that Hillary was going to catch Obama.

And as to the discussion, if this is the thread that we are going to have, and I am apparently the only one who feels that way, the Dems can have it. Just at least do the decency of renaming it to reflect the discussion, or at least deleting the forums rules to reflect the changes in the filibuster.

What forums rules are being violated by posting and discussing major news stories wrt GOP candidates?

What is stopping you or anyone else from posting whatever you want to post in this thread and others?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 03:34 PM)

First graf, I seem to remember an awful lot of bickering in the 2008 threads for both parties. I despised Edwards, and didn't like Clinton either, and made that clear. Others felt the same about other candidates.

Rename it? Why - it has been true to title so far.

And the rules? The topic is in no way in violation of any of the rules, and neither are most of the posts in here. There are probably a few that do violate the rules, so, let's deal with them. Show me a post or some posts, and show me what rule(s) were broken.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 03:37 PM)
IMO, i thought it was the perfect place to dicuss when the GOP calls their 3 times a week it seems debate to repeat the same talking points as last weeks debate.

Now you, on the other hand, are one of the ones that IS doing what SS2K5 is talking about. This is a perfect example of trolling. You are wading into a debate and intentionally poking at someone to get a reaction. Stop it or leave.

Now you, on the other hand, are one of the ones that IS doing what SS2K5 is talking about. This is a perfect example of trolling. You are wading into a debate and intentionally poking at someone to get a reaction. Stop it or leave.

Wait, what? I am stating my view just as he is.. I on the other hand am talking about the thread, not complaining about it. I think you need to look up what trolling is, before you go and start throwing that term around... It seems allot of posters just throw it around here.. hoping one time it will stick.

And tell me.. in the last 4-5 debates, which seem to be 1 almost every week.. what new information about the GOP canidates did you learn, that you didn't already know?

Edited by VictoryMC98