Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread

Signing Day starts tomorrow morning around 9am Chicago time.

It'll be interesting how recruits see USC, Florida St., Notre Dame, Tennessee, and Florida's recent coaching situations and choose their school.

I expect Texas to clean up tomorrow pretty heavily in the top 150 recruit list.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't wait for tomorrow! For me, this is better than the NFL draft. But then again, I love college football more than any other sport so I guess that makes sense.

And for Tennessee to have the possibility of ending with a Top 10 class still even with Dooley having 17 days to recruit before signing day speaks a lot about his ability to relate to recruits. This is gonna be fun.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 06:31 PM)
Florida has a great class this year. I'm hoping we pull in C. Jones, C. Green, and C. Lemoiner tomorrow. Getting Ferguson would be good too, but I'm not too confident on that.

From everything I've read all 3 of those guys have been Noles for a bit. Jones wanted to look around to be sure and Green has been a silent for a month.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 07:03 PM)
I can't wait for tomorrow! For me, this is better than the NFL draft. But then again, I love college football more than any other sport so I guess that makes sense.

And for Tennessee to have the possibility of ending with a Top 10 class still even with Dooley having 17 days to recruit before signing day speaks a lot about his ability to relate to recruits. This is gonna be fun.

Well the NFL draft is a snoozefest for the most part.

I remember when this thread used to be created when the first poll came out.

Anyways, hoping ISU can steal Joel Bonomolo from Auburn tomorrow, keep Kenneth Kirksey away from Rutgers and keep Shontrelle Johnson from Florida State.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 06:31 PM)
Florida has a great class this year. I'm hoping we pull in C. Jones, C. Green, and C. Lemoiner tomorrow. Getting Ferguson would be good too, but I'm not too confident on that.

I'm really hoping you guys pull some from Florida. Anything to hurt them, even though they'll have a great class no matter what. It always feels good when they lose out on guys they think they should automatically have (like Nu'keese Richardson last year - even if it didn't work out for us).

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 11:31 PM)
keep Shontrelle Johnson from Florida State.

The Orlando Sentinel said yesterday that Johnson would be signing 2 LOI's today. One to ISU and the other to some JUCO school that is basically a feeder school to Iowa St in case he doesnt qualify academically. Appears he is all yours. Congrats.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 08:39 AM)
Well, the rumor is Mack brown wanted to sign his Loi for fsu, but his dad would not sign it. Now he is a gator.

Might be a blessing for FSU. Many believe he is highly overrated and a lot of Florida people were hoping he would leave.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 09:12 AM)
The Orlando Sentinel said yesterday that Johnson would be signing 2 LOI's today. One to ISU and the other to some JUCO school that is basically a feeder school to Iowa St in case he doesnt qualify academically. Appears he is all yours. Congrats.

Nah, that was his teammate. Shontrelle is a Cyclone though!

Just lost one guy, to Tech.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (zenryan @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 01:37 PM)
That's only for the opener right?

At first I liked it and now the more I look at it the more I dont.

Yeah, only the opener and special occasions. I'm in the same boat as you, when I first saw it I was excited. But now I'm worried UNC will become the Oregon of the East.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 01:40 PM)
Yeah, only the opener and special occasions. I'm in the same boat as you, when I first saw it I was excited. But now I'm worried UNC will become the Oregon of the East.

Screw that, Oregon's jerseys are badass. College football is loaded with overrated jerseys (Penn State, Alabama, Oklahoma- they're boring!), I like the variety. I don't want a white jersey with one color and someone to call it 'classic' just because they've had the same boring crap for 50+ years. Age doesn't make it good.

That helmet looks sweet, but it will need a decent jersey to go with it.

NW is dragging the conference down.

Here are the national attendance rankings for each Big Ten squad:

Michigan: 1st (108,933 average)

Penn State: 2nd (107,008)

Ohio State: 3rd (105,261)

Wisconsin: 15th (80,109)

Michigan State: 18th (74,741)

Iowa: 21st (70,214)

Illinois: 29th (59,545)

Minnesota: 42nd (50,805)

Purdue: 44th (50,457)

Indiana: 56th (41,833)

Northwestern: 83rd (24,190)

Here's how the schools finished in the national rankings in capacity filled:

Ohio State: 7th (102.87 percent capacity)

Michigan: 8th (102.57 percent)

Minnesota: 11th (101.61 percent)

Penn State: 21st (99.74 percent)

Wisconsin: 21st (99.74 percent)

Michigan State: 23rd (99.65 percent)

Iowa: 24th (99.47 percent)

Illinois: 33rd (94.71 percent)

Indiana: 57th (84.98 percent)

Purdue: 64th (80.73 percent)

Northwestern: 107th (51.33 percent)

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 06:02 PM)
NW is dragging the conference down.

For NW home conference games, a good majority of the crowd is usually from the opposing team, so that number could be even lower.

Very surprised Illini were over 94%, with the suckitude of the Fighting Zookers and the usual lukewarm support for the football program.