Official 2010 Opening Day Countdown: 3 days

SockMe

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 03:04 PM)
I know this has probably been addressed before, but what is up with the Opening Day followed by off day followed by the final 2 games of the series. No other 3 game set ever uses this schedule.

The fans get all amped up then they have to wait for game 2. Seems f***ed up. Also seems like it would throw off the players too...

In case of a rainout on Opening Day (see 2009), it allows for the team to have their big-ticket opening day the following afternoon.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 4, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)
In case of a rainout on Opening Day (see 2009), it allows for the team to have their big-ticket opening day the following afternoon.

2009 was a snowout. But the next day, the sun was shining, and it was a beautiful opening day, with a White Sox winner. The Sox are smart to provide a 2-day window to get in the opening day game.

QUOTE (elgonzo4sox @ Mar 7, 2010 -> 12:20 AM)
2009 was a snowout. But the next day, the sun was shining, and it was a beautiful opening day, with a White Sox winner. The Sox are smart to provide a 2-day window to get in the opening day game.

Its not just the Sox. It is pretty universal scheduling technique.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 08:48 AM)
Even though I haven't followed ST too closely I must say I'm extremely excited and optimistic for the season. Even the DH situation isn't worrying me anymore.

Well I must say I am not excited about the prospect of you painting your legs to look like a pair of jeans. Marisa Miller, you are not

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 08:50 AM)
Well I must say I am not excited about the prospect of you painting your legs to look like a pair of jeans. Marisa Miller, you are not

I've been doing the P90x leg routine. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 03:11 AM)
Man, my mood will change so much when the first real pitch is thrown.

All the at bats count and all Oz's decisions count and the relievers will be out there to drive me crazy.

Then Jake Peavy will take the mound for game 2.