Sox Memoribilia

aboz56

Mine are my Buehrle autographs along with my Borchard ball that I got signed when he was in town last summer.

Interested to know what everyone else's favorites are, this should be a pretty interesting thread...

very good question - I have sat here for an hour trying to think of an answer - especially after posting the other day about all the s*** I have - including a Royce Clayton autograph (someone had to have one) -

but I had a bunch of stuff before and lost almost all in my divorce (to my older son but once it went to his mother's hosue I never saw it again) -

if I lost it all now again I'd be bummed to say the least -

but what I value most (and this is not the answer you want and this is the sucky Hallmark moment) is the memories of every game I've been to, the people I was there with, the fun times we had win or lose - being thre for the 2000 playoffs, my grandson's first game, my sons first game, my younger sisters first game, dancing in the aisle whern we clinched the tie in 1993 - when Carlton tied the record in was it 93? - the foursome we have every year with some long time friends for the Cubs game closest to my birthday - the oevrnight - that is what I value most

sounds syrupy but true

very good question - I have sat here for an hour trying to think of an answer - especially after posting the other day about all the s*** I have - including a Royce Clayton autograph (someone had to have one) -

but I had a bunch of stuff before and lost almost all in my divorce (to my older son but once it went to his mother's hosue I never saw it again) -

if I lost it all now again I'd be bummed to say the least -

but what I value most (and this is not the answer you want and this is the sucky Hallmark moment) is the memories of every game I've been to, the people I was there with, the fun times we had win or lose - being thre for the 2000 playoffs, my grandson's first game, my sons first game, my younger sisters first game, dancing in the aisle whern we clinched the tie in 1993 - when Carlton tied the record in was it 93? - the foursome we have every year with some long time friends for the Cubs game closest to my birthday - the oevrnight - that is what I value most

sounds syrupy but true

Thanks for the read, I enjoyed it.

I have autographed balls from the following, but nothign else too exciting aside from a Tony Pena bat from when he was a Sox roving instructor:

Thomas, Ordonez, Garland, Kip Wells, Ventura, Lee, Borchard, Konerko, Fogg, Belle, Olivo, and a handful of others.

When I was a little kid my dad somehow got us tickets between the Sox dugout and home plate. My brother and I were in the front row watching the players warm up. Woodie Held was playing catch with Ron Hansen almost close enough to touch. As they finished throwing and trotted towards the dugout another kid about my age was standing to the left of me screaming "Woodie, Woodie, throw me the ball!" over and over again. It was a bit obnoxious. Just before he got to the dugout, Held looked at the kid who had been screaming at him, then turned and tossed the ball right to me! Man, was that kid pissed. I kept that ball for years until my nephew took it out and used to hit ground balls to his friends on a muddy day. Held only hit .143, but as far as I was concerned, he was the greatest player on the Sox.

Guest hotsoxchick1

not to brag or anything like that but i have my original seats from old comiskey park ........id have to say that those are my most cherished sox memoribilia........

yeah it counts........... ;)

a memory - watching the Sox host the Yankees with the HSC children with me - the most well informed trash talk from children you will ever hear! They were fun as hell, funny as hell, and even had the yankee fans buying them treats - people don't expect kids to heckle the other team's players with erudite comments on their minor league careers - what a fun night! I was just pissed when HSC took them home early, School night my ass. Plus I love being with your kids- they are gems - at least when they are not driving Mom crazy!

I have the ticket stub from the game that Bobby Thigpen broke the single season save record. It was also the first Big League game for both of my sons. I almost pulled in a Bo Jackson batting practice foul that was just barely out of my reach down the right field line. That would have thrilled my boy's immensely as Bo was the man back then and they were big fans. Jeff Montgomery gave each of my boys his autograph. And it was the only time my sons got to attend a game in Old Comiskey, which is why went to the game, specifically. The memories of such days brings me immeasurable joy, tinged with sadness, since the passing of my youngest son.

I also have a chair from Real Comiskey - unlike HSC, it wasn't my chair ( as in season tickets ) or anything, but it's MINE NOW!!!!

Also have the ticket from the first game at Comiskey 2 in the plastic giveaway ticket holder.

Side note: my softball team back in the 80's used to use a bat that Jorge Orta used with the Sox - that was a SWEET bat, and I got many hits with it before it broke for good.

:headbang Jorge Orta

I have the seats from Old Comiskey, too. My grama just had to have them after she sat her butt in them for nearly 30 years.. :bang

My fav memoribilia.. three way tie. 1983 team ball, 2000 team ball, autographed season ticket from Carlton's last game framed with a picture of me, him, and the bike on the field.

I also have a 59 team ball.. but my grampa gave it to me so since I didn't get it myself I'm not real attached to it.

Several things ...

1972 White Sox Thermos Cup

Yearbooks from the 60's

Several old pennants ... one from the 30's, a couple from the 50's and 60's

Unused tickets from over the years ... '61, '72, '77, etc.

Full Ticket from the 1st Sox/Cubs game in Comiskey, 1997

Ticket from 1st ever Sox interleague game (Cincinnati, 1997), Durham homered to lead off the game

1983 All Star Game mug

Comiskey seat and bricks

All my Chicago Cardinals stuff (NFL team, played in Comiskey through '58)

Ticket from a spring training game in Tucson, Sox vs. Cubs ... Sox won, of course

1950 All Star Game Stub

Programs from the 30's to present

The first batting helmet my dad bought me in 1966

Andy the Clown's business card, given to my wife ... he sang a song for her in 1990, cost me $5 tip!

A picture of my dad pointing to an old rusted gate behind left field at Old Comiskey, where he used to sneak in when he was a kid

And much more.

I have very little pertaining to an individual player ... it was all "the team" for me. Players come and go, the team remains.

A scrap book my Grandma did for me during the 1983 season.

And I almost forgot a picture of me in 1977 about 3 1/2 yo taking a drink of my dad's beer at the Old ballpark. It was during this game that my mom 6 months pregnant with my brother passed out in the upper deck. We swear this is where he got brain damage from :)

My most cherished piece would be my Black Worth Frank Thomas edition bat that is signed by the Big Hurt himself. He is my 2nd all time favorite player as he is my generation's superstar on my favorite team. I was 13 we broke into the bigs so I grew up watching the big man.

A close second is My Carlton fisk BB card collection I have around 70 different cards of his including his rookie card. He is my all time favorite player.

my late mother, gone 12 years now, wow time flies, was a real cubs fan, never said the words "White Sox" out loud - she bought me an 83 mug with the team listed - how hard it must ahve been for ehr to go through the store check out with a Sox item that was buying - so it means a lot to me - however, if the house burns down, I grab me and the dogs and I flee and everything can burn as long as the living things survive - again, I still and always have the memories