Sox @ Cubs

Brian

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)
i realize its spring training, but seeing what danks, flowers, hudson,viciedo etc, are capable of doing, how promising they look, doesnt that make you think a little twice about trading them (and more) away for agone?

Nope. I already know how talented they are and Huddy is the last piece I want to give up but if we add Adrian we really do have a legit, legit shot at making a World Series run.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 02:35 PM)
i realize its spring training, but seeing what danks, flowers, hudson,viciedo etc, are capable of doing, how promising they look, doesnt that make you think a little twice about trading them (and more) away for agone?

If we can sign AGON to an extension then anybody is fair game not named Beckham. But for a year and two months of AGON? Ask Braves fans how they feel about losing Neftali Feliz and Elvis Andrus for a year of Tex.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 03:39 PM)
If we can sign AGON to an extension then anybody is fair game not named Beckham. But for a year and two months of AGON? Ask Braves fans how they feel about losing Neftali Feliz and Elvis Andrus for a year of Tex.

Still... AGon really is the missing piece to make this a World Series club. We're one guy away and he's it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 02:29 PM)
That is messed up about Guzman maybe never pitching again.

really? i had heard that he had a shoulder issue and then len and bob said something is torn, but he might not pitch anymore ever?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 02:41 PM)
Still... AGon really is the missing piece to make this a World Series club. We're one guy away and he's it.

You really think we go from a projected .500 team to World Series contender just by adding AGON? I know he's good. Don't know if he's THAT good. We still need a bunch of guys to have bounce-back years. Division would definitely be a lock.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 03:45 PM)
You really think we go from a projected .500 team to World Series contender just by adding AGON? I know he's good. Don't know if he's THAT good. We still need a bunch of guys to have bounce-back years. Division would definitely be a lock.

Well I think we're a bit better than a .500 team right now. But yes, upgrading from Kotsay/Jones/Vizquel to Adrian adds a lot of wins to your team. And even with out him, IF we get into the playoffs I think we'll have a good shot to make a run cause of our rotation, you add Gonzalez, and yes I think we have a great shot to win it all.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 02:48 PM)
Well I think we're a bit better than a .500 team right now. But yes, upgrading from Kotsay/Jones/Vizquel to Adrian adds a lot of wins to your team. And even with out him, IF we get into the playoffs I think we'll have a good shot to make a run cause of our rotation, you add Gonzalez, and yes I think we have a great shot to win it all.

Well ultimately the main objective is to get to the postseason. Fair game after that. I still wouldn't gut the farm for a rental. That's just me.