Big 10 Tournament

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 03:14 PM)
Illinois is shooting 65%. Wisconsin is shooting 19%. Illinois is only up 9?! If that doesn't mean Wisconsin is going to win this game, I don't know what does.

9 turnovers to 1, and then Wisconsin got a bunch of 2nd chance points.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 02:16 PM)
9 turnovers to 1, and then Wisconsin got a bunch of 2nd chance points.

Right, but both of those stats are more sustainable than those shooting percentages. You have to agree that Illinois is not going to shoot 65% for a whole game and Wisconsin certainly isn't going to shoot 19% for a whole game.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 03:17 PM)
Right, but both of those stats are more sustainable than those shooting percentages. You have to agree that Illinois is not going to shoot 65% for a whole game and Wisconsin certainly isn't going to shoot 19% for a whole game.

Agreed but Illinois is generally good at taking care of the ball and had a few completely unforced turnovers. Also, Illinois got way better looks at the basket than Wisky. The shooting percentages will even out but if both teams get the same looks at the basket in the 2nd half Illinois wins.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 02:19 PM)
Agreed but Illinois is generally good at taking care of the ball and had a few completely unforced turnovers. Also, Illinois got way better looks at the basket than Wisky. The shooting percentages will even out but if both teams get the same looks at the basket in the 2nd half Illinois wins.

The x factor is that Trevon Hughes could be really hurt and his 0-8 isn't going to even out. I haven't paid enough attention to notice it, but I remember hearing the announcers say he was limping.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 02:21 PM)
The x factor is that Trevon Hughes could be really hurt and his 0-8 isn't going to even out. I haven't paid enough attention to notice it, but I remember hearing the announcers say he was limping.

I think he hurt his ankle pretty bad last game didnt he?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 02:22 PM)
I think he hurt his ankle pretty bad last game didnt he?

Yes, it was late in the game so it was hard to tell how severe it was. Still, that was 5 days go and he played through it. A normal rolled ankle wouldn't take 5 days to heal and I can't imagine being able to play through an ankle injury bad enough to affect you 5 days later.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)
Wisconsin still shooting horribly, but Illinois is doing a great job contesting everything. Probably the best D they have played all year thus far (knock on wood) I still think Wisconsin makes a run at some point.

Yeah, they have to. Illinois FG% is down to earth, waiting for Wisconsin to hit something lol.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 04:12 PM)
Illinois just played themselves into the tourney, nice work.

St Joe's part 3 coming up. Chi-town

Not a lock but a lot would have to go wrong now in the conference tourneys or we could always get screwed by the selection committee.